“quality food, excellent wine and good service”
Review of One Pico

One Pico
Reserve with OpenTable
One Pico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 2,699 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A luxurious Michelin restaurant. One Pico is located beside St Stephen's Green in Dublin 2, next to all the major hotels, it is also just a 2 minute stroll from Grafton Street. Ideally open 7 days for both lunch and dinner with an extended lunch taking place on Sundays. One Pico has a well earned reputation as one of the very best restaurants. Run by restaurateur Eamonn O'Reilly. Head Chef Ciaran McGill cooks wonderful seasonal food with an ever changing menu. Service is lead by General Manager Andrew Scott and a wonderful wine list is compiled by Sommelier Arnold Legat.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I do hope that this review is not translated into Dutch by a machine. Very short this time. We have been here a few times and you notice that the excellent quality of this restaurant becomes a bit of a standard. Each time you visit this restaurant you simply expect great food and trust you get the same service and, indeed, you are never disappointed. Perfect.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our second outing to one pico and it was absolutely fabulous. To start we had the ham hock and black pudding terrine, the white onion velouté and butternut squash risotto - all delicious but the risotto was a particular standout. For main we had the chateaubriand for two which was out of this world and a real treat. A particular nice thought was being shown the meat at our table before cooking. My in-laws had the chicken which they said was lovely and tender. All in all it was a gastronomic experience served to us by the most well trained attentive waiters you could have hoped for. Well done one pico - a definite highlight of our year!

1  Thank magenta_clovisse
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Party of six went for lunch, excellent service, delicious food which I could not fault, really attentive waiters, wine choice superb. Excellent value at lunchtime, can't recommend highly enough.

1  Thank bren1511
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been to this restaurant quite a number of times. The room is so elegant and the service is second to none.
I do think it is great value but the wine Mabey a bit pricy.
On my last vist for starter I had:scallops with pork belly, which was very good and well cooked

For my main I had: duck with endive and orange , which was a lovely and unusually combination the only thing it was cold which I'm never a fan of. I did sent it back and got a new one which was very tasty but when your paying the price you are it needs to be right?

Followed by a fabulous chocolate pave, mouth watering

One pico is a top fine dining restaurant but just not right at the top

I do highly recommend a visit

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a fabulous meal here during a weekend trip to Dublin. My prawn risotto starter was to die for and my husband's scallops were delicious. He had pork cooked three ways and I had venison, both excellent. Great selection of cheeses too. Staff couldn't have been more attentive or friendly. Juan Antonio , the Spanish waiter ,even wrote out a list of the top restaurants in Seville for us! We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Chefereeny