“What A Grea Place!”

The Odeon
Ranked #633 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, International, European, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Since reopening its doors late 2012 after an extensive renovation, The Odeon Bar has quickly built a reputation for being the go-to venue for evening drinks in the capital. Following extensive renovations, the new Odeon burst back onto the scene with the promise of good food, good drink and a good time, in delectably decadent surroundings. Open from 12pm Monday to Friday and 4pm Saturday and Bank Holiday Sunday, the Odeon on Harcourt St. Provides the ideal excuse for a spot of lunch, an after-hours aperitif with the boss, casual cocktails over a weekend catch-up or a quiet glass of vino in the library. Boasting a drinks menu from your dreams, The Odeon's skilled bar tenders guarantee a tipple for every taste. You could start with their signature cocktail, Lana Turner - the perfect pick me up after a long day. Or if you're feeling more adventurous, you can try a Monica Bellucci, or South Side Swizzle. It's not all cocktails at dawn in the Odeon either. If you're feeling peckish, the inspired menu will leave you pining for more. Priding themselves on a delicious selection of dishes from lunch through to dinner, the chefs at The Odeon have devised an innovative and foodie-friendly list of palette-pleasing treats. From venison and juniper burger to a Superfood Salad and from open sandwiches to salt & chilli squid, this sumptuous selection will not disappoint. Not to mention, the ridiculously irresistible Odeon's chocolate pecan brownie served with homemade whiskey and brown bread ice cream. Nestled like a hidden gem behind the beautiful pillars of the old Harcourt Street train station, The Odeon has maintained its authenticity and affinity to a byegone era. With framed pictures of screen icons like Bridgitte Bardot adorning the walls and a 30-foot marble bar, the venue has a distinct air of old-Hollywood glamour and luxury. Wood panelling and mirrored walls add to the indulgent setting, where you can find yourself perched upon a tall bar stool, nestled in a comfy padded booth, or relaxing with friends on a luxurious Chesterfield sofa. Adding to the vintage-glam ambiance of The Odeon is its uber-stylish interior. While rich tones like gold, copper and red dominate the decor, the splashes of vibrant fuchsia and yellow create a fun, inviting atmosphere. Boasting four separate bars in the venue, with one leading to a fully heated outdoor smoking area, you're never far from the crowd. If you book a private area for a function, you and your party will spend the night on a suitably exclusive elevated mezzanine with private bar. Open 6 days a week with some of Dublin's top DJs every Friday, Saturday and Bank Holiday Sunday, The Odeon provides a brilliant backdrop for any soiree big or small. For private parties take a look at the 2014 renovation of the upstairs bar with exclusive access, own rest rooms, full bar that holds up to 200 guests. Start your evening in style, whittle away the hours over drinks, or host a private party - whatever you choose, The Odeon delivers.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“What A Grea Place!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I took a group of clients here during a conference and everybody had a great time, with wonderful food and drinks. The ambience is also fantastic

• Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

LiFro, Public Relations Manager at The Odeon, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback! We hope to see you again soon.

Dublin
“Great night Here!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went in here tonight as it was part of the Cuba Dublin Festival. Really good fun night. their cocktail 'flaming dublin' won the cocktail of the festival and was fantastic. I hope they keep it on their menu, if they do i'll be back time and time again! Thanks Guys!

2 Thank rockfist
Thank you for your lovely review! The Dublin Flame was the winning cocktail created by our mixologist, Karl Ussher! If you liked that cocktail, you should definitely try the rest of our extensive cocktail menu. You can find Karl at the Cocktail Bar (of course), he would be delighted to make you his signature Cuba Dublin cocktail! We hope to see you again soon!
“Fur coat no kni****s”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went along for a quiet drink and some nibbles....I have not been in the place since it was redone and I really think they have done an amazing job the room is stunning. I wish I could say the same about the food, I ordered a tapas dish of prawns for €7.95 and for this I received 4 over cooked prawns thats €2 per prawn !!!! and not even that tasty, for that price and that quantity I think its reasonable to expect better, I also had the patatas bravas which for an Irish person it was an insult to the humble spud and to a Spanish person an insult to their national cuisine. After that we called it quits.. Really if the same attention was paid to the food as the decor then it would be a fine place to eat.

• Visited June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves on our high level of service and quality, and we are disappointed to hear that this was not the case on your visit. Your feedback has been passed onto our Head Chef. We value your feedback and use all feedback to improve our business. I can assure you that this level of quality is not our regular standard and we hope to see you again soon.
Australia
“Pay for the atmosphere”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Great place, good vibe but drinks were stupidly expensive and the service was a bit snooty. Lady behind the bar rolled her eyes at my friend for ordering an unusual drink mix. Never a good sign. Otherwise I liked this place

• Visited May 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We were able to investigate the staff member you are referring to. This particular member of the team is friendly and has a dry sense of humour, and we do apologies if she came across any differently. The ingredients we use in our cocktails are premium and a priced competitively in comparison to other Dublin city centre cocktail bars. We hope to see you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
“An unexpected night”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I visited The Odeon recently for what was meant to be a few drinks with my significant other before heading home. Little did we know what was in store for us! It was our first time visiting since the refit they had last year and we stepped into a gorgeous venue with it's walls covered in massive paintings and book lined shelves.

All the staff were really lovely and polite and we hardly had long to wait at the bar. I started off on the beers myself, with my other half on the cocktails. I somehow found myself on the cocktails as well to be honest, the guy behind the bar was just amazing at mixing his drinks and letting you know what was in them and how to drink them too. (I'd recommend the 'Dark n Stormy'

Anyway, many more hours than we'd planned to be out until (They don't close until 3!), we stumbled home having made many new memories and even a few new friends.

• Visited April 2013