“Fish N' Chips was Just Okay”

O'Neill's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #491 of 2,787 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We love outstanding fish n' chips. Unfortunately, we didn't find it at O'Neils. It was good, mind you, but definitely not something to rave about.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,334)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

For a really popular pub I guess I was expecting better. Don't get me wrong, the food tasted good, but because it is a serve yourself style, it was cold by the time I brought it up to my table. The staff were very friendly however, and the best experience I had there was speaking to the super knowledge bartender about whiskeys. I would advise to go there for a drink and maybe a desert, but not so much for dinner

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

O'Neill's came highly recommended to us by the tour guide on the walking tour we had taken earlier in the day, so we decided to give it a try for dinner. I did enjoy my dinner, but was definitely underwhelmed after the build up that the tour guide gave the place. Everything was cafeteria style, so we stood in line to order our meals. We had kind of a hard time finding a clean table at which to eat, as many tables were sitting with dirty dishes on them. By the time we finally found seats (and I had wiped the table myself) our food was less than hot. It did taste good and I would have enjoyed it much more had it been hot. There was a bar right near our table and we wanted to order drinks but nobody ever turned up to tend that bar, and at no time during our meal did we ever see a server from whom we could order drinks. It was decent but I don't think I would rush back.

1  Thank 5678Cooper
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

O'Neills is a unique with its cafeteria food, great pub scene and music. However, the night we were there, it was crowded with young people talking at the top of their voices drowning out the musicians. I guess the place is just too popular.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were recommended to this place by the guide on one of our tours when we told him we were nterested in a good lamb meal. The meals are served cafeteria style with a tray and you tell the server what you want. We had the leg of lamb and side dishes of cabbage and mashed potatoes. Simple but absolutely delicious and reasonable. And we had a Guinness from the tap right at the end of the service line where you pay. This is a good meal and a good value.

1  Thank mpear49480