“Guinness”

Ranked #249 of 3,263 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love Guinness and this place doesnt disappoint great tasting cold pints and a packet of crisps, staff are excellent and are worked extremly hard!!! hope they are paid well

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (472)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant serves pub food which is okay, not great. If you stick to the basics you will be fine. Everything, and I mean everything, comes with French fries. We were seated upstairs and were basically forgotten about. The staff struggles to be everywhere at once, but it generally means you wait and wait.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

This is a nice cosy traditional pub which can be of interest to fans of the Irish band the Dubliners

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Attended on a pub crawl with some American friends. My friends bought their rounds and the bar man asked them if they wanted to tip (I’m a native and explained as we had not had table service or eaten food and we had ordered and collected all beer at the bar that a tip was not necessary).
Everything seemed fine until another barman asked why a tip had not been given. The barman answered that I had told them it was not required (All within clear earshot of us all) At this point I asked why they felt a tip was needed.
At this point the barman (I assume was management) became verbally abusive.

Clearly they felt it was expected for American tourists to tip when its not the local culture.

Made me ashamed to be Irish.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank mikfire
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

Great little pub! The bar tender was fabulous. We had fish and chips and 2 pints. Would recommend for a great selection of beers and quick food service. All the staff was friendly and very helpful.

Date of visit: July 2019