“"Excellent"”

O’Connells Restaurant
Ranked #178 of 2,617 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: O'Connells Restaurant in Donnybrook, Dublin is run and established by husband and wife Tom and Annette O'Connell. Their vision is to create a 'home away from home' Irish Brasserie with a focus on having a 90% gluten-free menu. We use the best of Irish produce, with contemporary cooking and an insistence on value for money. All diners welcome whether popping in for a steaming pot supper on your way home to providing a setting for your treasured family occasions to providing a slice of the best of Irish hospitality for visitors to our city!
“"Excellent"”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Visited this restaurant on Tuesday, my husband and I had a wonderful dinner. The food is so tasty. Staff friendly and efficent. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited October 2012

Salmon Arm, Canada
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The food was excellent, but the service we received was terrible. Our waiter seemed out of sorts, and we were made to feel that we were an imposition. Perhaps it was because we were only two; we noticed that larger tables received much more attention. Although the food quality was very good, we did feel it was overpriced.

Visited September 2012
oconnells, Owner at O’Connells Restaurant, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Patricia G,
Thank you for taking the time to review O'Connells. It is very disappointing to read your comments about inattentive and un-caring service. I hasten to apologise. We are a family run restaurant and many of our staff are with us for years - we aspire to be far better than you describe. Please be assured that we will be very aware of your experience and correct ourselves immediately.
My renewed personal apologies,
Tom O'Connell, Owner
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Recently brought my niece and nephew for lunch post graduation ceremony from UCD.
From the outset we were treated very well and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to help us celebrate the day.
The food was gorgeous,and everything was spot on.Its hard to please the young ones but my nephew announced that it was the best curry he has ever had. My niece reported that her roast beef was the nearest she has had to her grandma's which is extremely
high praise from a very fussy eater.
The food has a home cooked feel but home cooked to the highest standard. We loved it.
I will be bringing people there for lunch again especially if I know they are fussy or hard to please because O Connells would be in my opinion impossible to fault.
Thank you for a great lunch.

Dublin, Ireland
“Good food, great staff, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We received a warm welcome from the woman in charge no reservation no problem 7pm on a Monday night. Restaurant was not full but was busy with a film crew working in one corner.

Your starter is served from a hot and cold buffet very tasty Spanish and Italian sausage, olives, salads, pâté, puff pastry with chicken and mushrooms. Main course belly of pork for me and hake for my guest lovely the veg were fantastic cabbage julienned and tossed in butter, and great potatoes. Little pots for desserts choc for him pear and almond for me (one serving between two).

About €60 including glass of wine and 2 cokes.

• Visited September 2012
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Superb food - reasonable price”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Ate at the bar the 1st night superb curry and melt in the mouth steak. Friendly service by everyone who served us - even the owner joined in.

So good we returned the next night and they remembered we'd been the day before, and even that we'd eaten at the bar. But this time we went for the "early bird" menu in the main restaurant. If anything even better, and HORS D’OEUVRE APPETIZER BUFFET is simply to die for. Great wines served too.

All in all a superb start to our holiday in Ireland.

Visited September 2012