“Overpriced for Standard Fare”

Milano Dawson Street
Ranked #536 of 2,570 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: This restaurant was the first Milano to open in Ireland. Situated in one of Dublin's most prestigious streets, between two of the city's most renowned bars, this restaurant is known for it's vibrant upbeat atmosphere. Extremely spacious and well designed dining room, complemented by two elegant waiting areas. During the day the use of light adds to the perfectly chosen interior and at night the carefully designed lighting creates an intimate feel to this spacious restaurant.
Cork, Ireland
“Overpriced for Standard Fare”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Standard pizza and pasta restaurant with above standard prices. Usually possible to get vouchers and offers - can't imagine why anyone would bother coming otherwise. Did have a very nice bruschetta for starters.

Visited March 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Good Pizzas”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My family love going to Milanos. They love the dough balls, and the pizzas. I've had pizza there and I'm partial to the thin based crust.
It's a great place for a crowd of young people and it's not too expensive. Caters for everyone. Excellent for families.

Visited May 2012
dublin ireland
“Birthday bite”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked Milano's for a quick birthday bite before heading for celebratory drinks in a bar on Dawson St. It is a great location, we were greeted warmly & seated promptly by the staff, our food was delicious & we weren't kept waiting too long between courses.

Our waitress was very friendly and, although kept very busy by lots of other diners, was quick to notice the developments at our table - a surprise proposal by my bf which resulted in lots of tears and eventually a yes! Well the staff couldn't have been nicer, I think I had barely processed what he had said when she asked had we just gotten engaged and promptly set down a bottle of champagne for the two of us, even the maitre d' & the chefs came from the kitchen to congratulate us. I would like to thank Milano's for their generosity & good wishes to us.

Will definitely be returning.

• Visited December 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Exhorbitant prices for food that pizza hut do a better job of.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

No, but sorry, no. Establishments like this really annoy me and the reasons are this; pizzas that are no bigger than a bread and butter plate costing 12-15 euros. A large wine glass that costs 5.50 euros for a white wine and is only half filled...a restaurant purporting to be 'european' but cannot summon the will to offer diners a jug of water on the table and a few slices of bread in a basket which are staples in REAL European restaurants in REAL Europe. Come on Dublin, if you want to be European then get your act together - serving a starter swimming in olive oil is wonderful but not when you have nothing to sop up the delicious oil with when your start is eaten - same with serving a pasta dish swimming in sauce and the diner is left with a bowl full of sauce that cannot be eaten with a fork, nor should a spoon need to be used, sauce needs bread, not a finger run around the plate/bowl - cost in half a baguette per table for such things and then you begin to earn your 'european' tag.
Had the cannelloni which should have been filling but this was the first time I have ever left an Italian restaurant still feeling quite hungry and for just under 70 euros for two adults and two kids that's not good. Food not filling enough, too expensive all round and too little for it. Child's dessert (toffee sundae) was a joke...a teaspoon of icecream at the most. Service friendly though.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 27twinkle
Dublin, Ireland
“Bit of a let down”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Don't know what disappointed me most, the less than friendly greeting, zero customer service, the size of the pizza or the price of it pizza. I have frequented Milano's many times in other locations and have always enjoyed my experience. This was my first visit to Dawson Street and I can honestly say it will be my last. The Restaurant was busy when we arrived but surely the lady who sat us could have at least afforded us a smile. This restaurant is way too expensive for what it offers and better food and value is to be had elsewhere.

• Visited February 2013