“Overall great service and food but watch hot desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #370 of 2,545 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Irish, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
belfast
“Overall great service and food but watch hot desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had a lovely meal there this evening, Early Bird menu, thought it was good value. I enjoyed the linen tables the wide range of ages and nationalities of the waiters and the food was pretty good. I really enjoyed seeing the retro sweet trolley in operation, haven't seen one of those for years. However I had to send my apple pie back, which they had offered to me hot, because when it arrived it had clearly been put in the microwave rather than the oven to heat and the pastry was more like Dough - I hope they correct this in future, as I think that touch let the place down a bit. Anyway not to mind I had pavlova instead and very nice it was too :)

• Visited June 2013

connecticut
“great dinner!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

we had a wonderful dinner here, the filet of sole I ordered was perfectly prepared and they took it off the bone for me - superb.

Visited May 2013
Framlingham, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Been to Dublin many times but this was my first visit to The Lobster Pot and what a fantastic experience. Great for fish lovers (which sadly I am not) but also a good selection of steaks. Fresh fish for the day is displayed to you at the table and it's a stunning range. I started with a smoked salmon salad which was fresh and colourful. I then went for the Irish fillet steak and that was cooked to perfection and tasty. A very reasonably priced St Emillion was perfect for us. I didn't make it to the dessert trolley but understand that is equally impressive!

If you are in Dublin this is definitely a restaurant to check out. Good for business, special occasions or just a nice treat!

Great restaurant, excellent food, superb service and reasonably priced for the package - what more could you want!

• Visited May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I've been there a couple of times this month, and was a good surprise the first time.
Tournedos was made of a perfect meat, but the paté was far from a foie gras....
Waiters were professional and made you enjoy your stay, but we had to wait a long time to be served. Wines were perfect, well balanced selection.
At the end bill is a bit expensive for the overall, got better values in Dublin area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Olivier L
Chardon, Ohio
“Lobster, of course...and...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Likes the food - VERY VERY VERY good. Service like an old club - welcomed and helpful. Large sea food selection - mussels to sea bass, as well as the usual meat choices. Great wine list! A bit expensive but worth it.

Visited May 2013