“Fantastic service, great value early bird”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Green Hen

The Green Hen
Ranked #140 of 2,547 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Fantastic service, great value early bird”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Without a reservation on Wednesday evening last, we were lucky to get a table. It was my first visit but definitely will not be my last. The room was warm and welcoming and we were seated near enough to the bar. I had salmon and crab rolls for starter and delicately cooked chicken for main. The cherry trifle was a first for me and the cherries were perfectly ripe and plentiful. It was delicicious. Service was extremely pleasant and attentive, leaving a feeling of wanting to return. Will be back.

• Visited January 2013

DUBLIN
“Lovely athmosphere food ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Visited week before Christmas so bad time to judge a restaurant as very busy and a big turnover on tables which is always annoying. Food pretty good but nothing fantastic - I will give it another try at a less busy time as I have heard great things about the food. Toilets not great - downstairs beside kitchen which is always a bit off putting. Staff friendly but continiosly told us when they would need the table back!

Visited December 2012
Newbridge, Ireland
“Poor portion size”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch with my wife and son and we were seated upstairs which I must say was really nice. Linen table cloths and nice and bright. Starters were ok and two mains, chicken and burger were fairly good but the shell fish and sea food bouillabaisse was really poor, the taste was ok but I counted 6 mussels and two pieces of white fish.
Overall it was a really good value meal apart from the fish and my wife felt it necessary to share her chicken with me as my dish was such a small portion.
Just give me a little more please......

Limerick, Ireland
“Great food, staff, ok venue.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food and staff were very friendly and helpful. Cocktails were ok, you can get nicer elsewhere. The seating plan is odd and the chairs & tables aren't comfortable enough. Food was yummy though. I would go back but I there are so many others to choose from in the locality I would be slow to return..

Visited November 2012
naas
“early bird excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

great value casual dining in a lovely setting..
pleasant staff....excellent food and well priced wine..
will be back