“Wonderful Tasting Menu”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Went here for a special occasion with family and tried the tasting menu with wines for €125 per person. We all found it really interesting and tasty. Service was fantastic and friendly but not overbearing.

My father would not have eaten fish for years before he came here but he really enjoyed the fish on this menu as it was small tasty portions with nice wine to match.

The restaurant really made an effort to match the wine to the food and everything was cooked and served to perfection.

There are newer reviews for L'Ecrivain

Reviewed March 25, 2010

Got a voucher for a birthday present and ate with my boyfriend. Price is steep so would save for some really special occasion. Food is excellent - around 5 courses of various delights. Only reason I wouldn't go back is price

Reviewed March 21, 2010

been to L`Ecrivain twice. both times were very good the atmosphere was great. very relaxing. the staff very friendly and helpfull. the meal was very enjoyable some lovely flavours through out. a small disappointment was that the little soup you get before your starter was the same both times.. maby just a coincidence. over all i think this restaurant is top quality for all occasions. if your wanting to splash out i would recommend the tasting menu with matching wines this way you get a small taste of most things on the menu with wines to suit each course.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Had a very good meal, but not memorable unlike others I had in Dublin while visiting my daughter at Trinity College. The atmosphere and service were excellent.

1  Thank sweil9
Reviewed March 15, 2010

This review is exceptionally late - we were there in May last year, so I know things can/may have changed but we had such an amazing experience that I have kept meaning to leave a review ever since we were there.

We were in Dublin for a 2 night stay and got engaged on our first night. We had already booked L'Ecrivain for that night and it turned out to be the best place to celebrate our engagement.

We were welcomed by a couple of friendly staff and shown to the small bar area, and given the menus to look over while we had a glass of champagne. The sommelier then came over to ask us about wine choices, which my other half discussed with him at length. He was really helpful and knowledgable and when the wine we had chosen wasn't in stock he offered us another similar wine which was more expensive for the same cost.

We were then shown to our table and we had opted for the 65 EUR dinner menu, which was fabulous and amazingly good value! The amouse bouche between courses were all lovely and quite quirky. And amazingly, for the first time ever I enjoyed fish. I'm not a fish eater, so I opted for the pork belly for my main while my other half went for the halibut. As always, he pestered me to try it and seeing how we'd just got engaged I thought maybe on this occasion I should give in. I enjoyed it so much we actually swapped plates.

The atmosphere was really nice, it was buzzy without being frantic but it was still perfect for a romantic dinner for 2. The staff were all lovely, very professional but friendly. In all it was one of the best dining experiences I've had and was the perfect way to celebrate the new sparkly ring I had on my finger!