“Overpriced underwhelmed”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I got a voucher for this restaurant and were looking forward to an evening of fine dining. Around 2 and a half hours later we spent the voucher (€175) plus another €50 with no starters and 1 bottle of wine (we did have a pre-dinner drink each). My steak was €44 with no side. In summary, the prices were outrageous for the fairly good, but no way exceptional, food. The service was very good from our designated waiter but from everyone else (except the barman) it was average. Finally, both toilets were a mess (1 toilet per gender - and we had to queue for each) and were in bad need of renovation. My advice, if you want a Dublin fine dining experience then go to Chapter 1, same price (perhaps even cheaper) and everything is better.

3  Thank Thomas411972

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Restaurant used to be one of the best Dublin had to offer , and I had not been in the place for at least a year , on entry I noted the Bar Area was very empty and on the move upstairs to the Restaurant this too was very quite for what was Christmas week .
The food was good , very small portions however and having booked for four we ended up at a table for five, which I thought was poor considering they were far from full and the table should have been ready for us , we had spent 30 mins in the bar, the head waiter also made some smart remark , which we could all have done without ! We had the meal and paid , the cost was crazy given what we had , and while we were happy to pay for a first class meal , we would not return as it was poor value for money and one would almost leave hungry !

1  Thank TOPCAT010
Reviewed December 16, 2013

As per previous reviewers quite disappointing for Michelin starred restaurant and price. Average food. Excellent service however. Surroundings nice but not exceptional. I have had far nicer meals for a fraction of the price.

3  Thank finediner114
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hidden away up an alley this 1 star Michelin restaurant off Baggot street is very very good. I went there today nd had a beautiful light lunch. Hard to find better in Dublin

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

It's Michelin starred. To be honest it was average to reasonably good food. It's was not exceptional, recommendable and I'm in no rush to return.

Portions were tight if not even a bit mean for what is a reasonably expensive restaurant. Surroundings and staff were excellent but some how it just didn't cut the mustard.

Overall a disappointment.