“Simply Wonderful !!”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Wonderful .. Fantastic .. Superb .. I'm running out of superlatives here, but I'm sure you get the idea. Everything about L'Ecrivain is just terrific. All of the staff who looked after us were so pleasant. The food was beautifully presented on the plate. It all tasted wonderful, with all sorts of flavours playing around the tongue - every mouthful was a delight. Lovely glass of prosecco to start, followed by a reasonably priced but very pleasant wine. L'Ecrivain is top drawer, and is a wonderful place for a special occasion. This was one of the three best meals we have ever eaten in Dublin, and one of the other two was the previous time we were here !!. I always wondered what it is that they award Michelin Stars for - well I think I've just eaten it !! Simply wonderful !!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

On a recent trip to Dublin, we decided to dine at the l ‘Ecrivian, we ate there during our last visit 6 months ago.
As our previous visit the place was very busy and well appointed, there is a downstairs bar/lounge. The dining is upstairs on two levels, with a room on one side, the main dining area and a mezzanine.
The service was attentive and informative. The food was of a very good standard, the chef manages to marry some interesting flavours together. Portion sizes are on the small side, even a la carte. The only negative I would mention is the fact the dishes on offer (if my memory serves me correctly) are practically the same as the last time we ate there. I would therefore be reluctant to return for a third time.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We went there for my birthday. It was excellent and it has a wonderful atmosphere. The food was amazing - everything we ordered was excellent. The staff were so friendly and the service was great.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We went for the taster menu because we had a Groupon voucher, dinner for 2 for €65 - excellent value. The food was fab and the service was excellent. Even though we were not paying full price, we were not made feel any less important. We had a Spanish Rioja wine which was very very good, First time there and would definately go back.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visited L'Ecrivain recently for a special occasion dinner having not been for a while. This restaurant, run by husband and wife team Derry and SallyAnne Clarke is one of Dublin's best fine dining restaurants and we are always accorded a warm welcome. The main restaurant is upstairs and there is also a mezzanine dining level, as well as a spacious terrace. Apertifs or post dinner drinks can be enjoyed in the downstairs lounge. The restaurant offers a tasting menu (which is always fabulous) but on this occasion, we chose from the A La Carte and consulted with the resident Sommelier, Martina, in relation to our wine. Martina is a walking encyclopedia on the grape and invariably points us to the perfect wine to match our food selections - not always the most expensive, just the best match! While every dish receives the Michelin star touch, the emphasis is very much about showcasing the best of seasonal and Irish food. As on every occasion that we have eaten at L'Ecrivain, we left feeling happy in body and soul!

1  Thank AnneOD