“Birthday Treat”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went for dinner with my wife to celebrate my birthday. So glad we did so. We choose the 10 course tasting menu with matching wines. Every course was exceptional and the wines chosen by the Sommelier were great. One of the best meals we have had in a restaurant. The staff were both friendly and efficient and the service impeccable. A must visit again restaurant!

1  Thank michaelcollier

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have eaten both lunch and dinner here on several occasions. I came to the conclusion that it was my favorite restaurant in Dublin, or Ireland for that matter. So I recently held a evening time event there for 70+ guests. The management and their team went above and beyond my expectations with outstanding service, attention to detail and food. I would highly recommend L'Ecrivain to anyone in search of top-end service, traditionally prepared cocktails and Michelin Star standard food.

1  Thank Tom K
Reviewed September 3, 2013

went here for lunch with my wife as part of my birthday gift ( I'M a chef so I love food ) was the most expensive lunch I had but was worth every penny. if you dont mind spending money on good food then go for it, its not dinning is an experience from start to finish. recommended

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Despite it being late on a Wednesday evening, the restaurant was busy with locals - always a good sign. Presentation was outstanding. Fresh and perfectly prepared local ingredients combined with pleasant and attentive staff justify the fare. Definitely recommend if you are looking for fine dining.

1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed August 8, 2013

How does this restaurant rate at 97 in Dublin there must be a lot of great restaurants or something else is going on....we did not go for the testing menu but made up our own from the menu while the organic sea trout was excellent the mackerel was superb. Partnering the fish with gooseberry purée and capers brought out the best flavors. Fantastic. The monkfish with girolles peas beans cured pork cheek was fantastic and the lamb with seaweed tapenade was even better. For once I had made the better choice. The staff were friendly as you would expect in Dublin and very knowledgable and helpful. For a posh restaurant in one of the best areas of Dublin it was pleasantly unstuffy. Highly recommended this was a great find. Should be number one I think but we are in the process of checking out the other good restaurants and will report back later.