“Warm and friendly for the guys”
Review of Jack Nealon's

Jack Nealon's
Ranked #1,264 of 2,858 Restaurants in Dublin
Neighborhood: North City Centre
Neighborhood: North City Centre
Reviewed June 1, 2015

If I lived in Dublin, this would likely be where I would go for a pint. Or two. The vibe was ivory different from that of the Temple Bar area. Jack Nealon's was filled with men (likely gay) and a couple of women here and there. It is not billed as a gay bar. There were no rainbow flags, boas or drag queens (all of which are completely awesome - at times.) Sometimes you just want to be a friendly guy in a bar surrounded by other friendly guys in a bar.
And that's what Jack Nealon's is.
I went on my own but had pleasant chats with a couple of guys there.
The bar itself has a warm, traditional feel with plenty of wood. Guinness beer seemed to be the drink of choice.
They have food apparently, but I only went for drinks.

Reviewed February 24, 2015

Visited here for the first time on Friday and can't believe I've never been before. It's a very attractive pub with a gorgeous old bar in the middle and a real fire which I loved. It was fairly empty when we got there but packed up really quickly with after work groups coming in. There were a few old characters sitting at the bar but that only adds to the experience. I'll definitely be back.

2  Thank Beanie14
Reviewed February 12, 2015

On a cold January night the open fire was very welcome. This was my first visit to Dublin and as a gay guy I wanted to go somewhere welcoming and friendly. Jack Nealon's fit the bill. Although not billed as a gay bar it has a mixed clientele. Yes, lots of gay guys (no queens thank goodness) go there but all are welcome. I only drank here and compared to some other bars I went to I found it reasonably priced. A pint of Guinness was under 5€. You'll find Sky sports playing on the big screen. No jukebox here! On the Thursday night I was in they had a five piece 'band' that played traditional Irish music. Really enjoyed this, especially as it was free! Bar staff friendly and helpful. HIghly recommend this pub. "sláinte,"

2  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed February 5, 2015

This is a beautiful pub, with a lovely relaxed and friendly atmosphere. On Wednesday nights they have live music and it's a really really fantastic night - people even dance sometimes. Recommended.

2  Thank rogercrispy
Reviewed December 29, 2014

Had a few drinks in here recently after a long absence from the place. It was great to see that they still have the same staff and they greeted me warmly. It was very busy with people celebrating the Christmas so there was a good atmosphere in the place. This is a really nice pub with great staff.

1  Thank Professor_Sparrow