“Authentic Place for Authentic food”
Review of Il Primo - CLOSED

Il Primo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Authentic Place for Authentic food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was taken to Il Primo by a friend as a belated Christmas treat - and was it worth the wait? Definitly. We had a glass of prosecco to start and then a wonderful platter of cheeses and meats with olive oil for dipping that I could have sipped from a glass it was so lovely. Mains of risotto and slow cooked beef were just perfect - leaving no room for desserts! Superb food and not too expensive! Service just right amount of attention and chat with emphasis on enjoying a special evening out with special friends.

Michigan Center, Michigan
“Great, Hidden Place!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I were recommended this restaurant by the concierge at the Conrad Hilton. We had been enjoying so much Irish food, but were really looking forward to something Italian. We had a hard time finding it at first, as it is located right off of a main road. We arrived and noted that it looked small inside. However, as soon as we opened the door, we were immediately and warmly greeted and seated at one of the four tables downstairs! The two gentlemen who waited on us were so amazing! They made wine suggestions and told us some of the history behind the wines, food dishes, etc. We each ordered a soup and main course. The food was so delicious! We had a wonderful time there and look forward to returning the next time we are in Dublin.

• Visited April 2013
“Che buono!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited Il Primo two months ago with a friend and had a truly brilliant experience. I started with the sirloin strips served with rocket and Parmesan shavings. Quite simple to cook but the meat was cooked to perfection. The cheese was not the generic Gran Padano which is sneakily used instead of Parmesan in most places so I was happy to see that I was paying for what I ordered. My friend had the Marsala chicken livers which she claimed were delicious. For mains I had the feather blade beef. Again, delicious. I saw fish being served on a nearby table and the aroma was mouth watering. My friend had pork which tasted delicious. The truffle used in my dish was suttle and not over powering which is the general case in most places. Due to the size of the portions (and going for two bottles of a delicious Valpolicella) we missed dessert. The restaurant is relaxed and welcoming. You wouldn't imagine that you're just around the corner from the bustling centre of Dublin. You're spoiled for choice with wines but do remember, they are extremely expensive! This is definitely a place to go when trying to impress that special someone ;) You guys deserve a constant queue of customers, your food is a merit to Italy. Complimenti!

Brussels, Belgium
“Great small restaurant”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I read the very good reviews about this restaurant on tripavisor...and I was not dissapointed!
The staff is realyattentive and friendly. There is free wifi, and the dining room is small but cozy!
I had the bruschetta with liver and tagliatelle with ox tail. They both were excellent.
The price was reasonable. I recommend this place.

Visited April 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Amazing Italian in Dublin”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A group of friends and I had been in Ireland for about a week and needed some food that wasn't Irish. We found this place very off the beaten path and it was awesome. The pizza was great and everything else looked very good. I would recommend this to travelers and locals both. Great food and decent prices.