“Surprising Find”

Il Posto Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Posto Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #240 of 2,754 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Il Posto is a relaxed and modern Italian Mediterranean Restaurant on Dublin's St. Stephen's Green. The restaurant's appeal lies in it's natural warmth and charm, offering regulars and newcomers an atmosphere that would make you feel like you are dining in the heart of Milan or Rome. Il Posto offers an intimate and elegant setting with an informal family atmosphere, sumptuous food and excellent service
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were in Dublin, exhausted from a long day and trying to find some place to eat dinner. We decided to try it and it was a pleasant surprise. i will agree with the other reviews that the staff is not overly warm. But their food makes up for it. i had the mushroom risotto, my dad the corn risotto and my mom had spaghetti carbonara. (which by the way she makes a killer version on her own) we all loved the food. If you are looking for a great meal, then you have to try it.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Booked a table here prior to attending Leonard Cohen Concert at the O2( which was amazing). We had high expectations having read a few good Trip Advisor reviews recently. However, the meal was pretty awful and we were extremely disappointed. Not much of an atmosphere either and the blonde Hostess was very off hand and unfriendly.
Take my advice and try somewhere else,don't waste an evening here.

1  Thank Chefereeny
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The mussels were the best I've ever had and I've eaten them all over the world. These were sweet, mineral, tender and only one of about 30 had any grit at all. My husband had the lamb shank and it was beautifully prepared. Finished everything off with a delicious chocolate and pistachio mousse. The only problem was that it is very loud.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice small restaurant with fairly good food not too expensive by Dublin prices, the staff were polite and our meal was o.k with no real complaints but nothing to write home about had the spaghetti and was a bit disapointed or was it just me being a bit grumpy after a tiring day out in Dublin

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant did not disappoint. The service was pleasant and friendly. We had the mushroom risotto and the fusilli with chicken & asparagus in a mustard cream sauce, it was delicious. Amazing blend of flavors. I hate mustard but I misread the menu and thought it said mushroom - what a happy mistake! I was amazed, the dish was so gentle and tasty I was shocked there was mustard in it. Dessert was also divine, it had multiple layers to it but all I remember was the white chocolate ice cream made in house. Amazing.