“Very nice evening in Il Posto”

Il Posto Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Posto Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #232 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Il Posto is a relaxed and modern Italian Mediterranean Restaurant on Dublin's St. Stephen's Green. The restaurant's appeal lies in it's natural warmth and charm, offering regulars and newcomers an atmosphere that would make you feel like you are dining in the heart of Milan or Rome. Il Posto offers an intimate and elegant setting with an informal family atmosphere, sumptuous food and excellent service
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend ate here last Saturday evening. we had booked the day before and received a call on saturday morning confirming our booking. On arrival our table was ready and we were looked after very well. We went straight to the main courses, I had spaghetti carbonara and my girlfriend had a bolognese. I must say it was very delicious. I would have preferred a little more meat in the carbonara, but the past and the sauce were beautifully cooked and my girlfriend was very happy with her meal too. the portions were very good. We had a bottle fo the house white with dinner and it was also excellent.
The meal was very tasty and the setting was very nice, it is in a basement and as the evening wore on and the light dimmed it became more intimate. The dining room was very full with a very good atmosphere. I think you could enjoy a lunch here rather than a dinner and we were both very happy. It's not exactly cheap per se, €16.50 for a carbonara is a bit steep but we were on a date night and I certainly would not let that be a deal breaker.
I would completely recommend the restaurant, prices can be on the high side but the quality of food was very good. We found the staff to be very friendly and competent. There was no pressure to eat up and get out which was a welcome change from some establishments in the area! All in all highly recommended!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I had dinner in this restaurant recently and it was a nice meal, but not overly excited about it, i read the reviews on trip advisor and they were mainly positive. The restaurant itself is very plain which is down in a basement, it was cosy though and the food was nice. The wine was not that nice though - had to change our first bottle of wine and when we got a second bottle it was nothing to write home about either. I have visitied nicer italians outside of Dublin and would be on a higher level to this. Over all a good night was had and the meal was nice. But nothing too exciting.

Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

The food was excellent and the portions generous. The prices can seem expensive but I don't mind pay for a good quality and an excellent service. I'm French but I speak English even if I'm not very comfortable, so we were served by a guy from Mauritius (especially sent to us I guess)... Very professional and smart. I recommand Il Posto eyed blind

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had an anti pasti platter to share between three of us as a starter, and it was plenty. It was beautifully presented.. and a lot of different anit-pasti. I had a generous plate of carbonara, and one of my friends had the fish, which she loved. The service was excellent. There was a good buzz about the place ... lots of groups of people eating there, rather than intimate groups of two. It's quite an informal place. Very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We came to this restaurant for lunch, but it would be great for dinner too. The decor is modern Italian, white tablecloths, black and white photos of Venice on the walls, candles on the tables.
I imagine in the evening it could be very romantic. The menu is quite small, but meat eaters, vegetarians, fish lovers are all catered for.
We started with a really tasty homemade vegetable soup, that was thick and delicious
and i had a spaghetti bolognese, whilst my husband had a seafood linguine and a mixed salad.
Both were really good and the portions were large. The waitress was helpful in explaining some of the other dishes to us and returning to explain that the steaks we had previously ordered couldn't be cooked rare because they were very thin.
We loved this restaurant and would definitely return.
It was raining when we went, but on warm days they have a little patio area so you can sit outside and watch the world go by.