“Lack of fresh produce”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We got olives and bread to start and the olives tasted like they were straight from the jar of a poor brand. The bread was just 4 slices if the same basic white loaf with sesame obviously bought from tesco or something and was wrapped in cling film at the bar. The starters were nice apart from the Marie Rose sauce on my prawns. My main was an escallop of pork pan fried in breadcrumbs and white whine and lemon butter sauce. It just tasted and looked like melted butter with a squeeze of lemon, hard to stomach. The chips were straight out of a McCain frozen bag. My partner ordered the steak which was okay, albeit a bit overdone. This had the same chips as well as onion rings straight out of a frozen bag and the green beans did not taste fresh either. Did not feel well after all of this. There was a lack of fresh produce and care out into the cooking unfortunately. We will not be back. Poor.

1  Thank Ommet

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I went to Il Corvo last night for dinner with relatives. The interior is quite nice and nicer than I actually remembered. Our waitress, a tall blonde girl with a Dublin accent was very polite and when it came to taking our order was very prompt.

I ordered garlic bread which according to the menu is 'smothered in our own garlic butter'. Maybe they'd run out with my serving because I simply couldn't taste it. I've made better at home.

For mains I had spaghetti carbonara which was as good as I've had anywhere else. My wife had chicken with goats cheese and pasta which she enjoyed and my uncle had minestrone soup to start which he thoroughly enjoyed.

For drinks we decided on a red wine and ordered a beautiful 2011 Chilean merlot which was priced at €24.95.

All told the bill was just shy of €98 for four people including the bottle of wine which I thought was very reasonable for Dublin.

Maybe we will go back......

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We spent one night in Drumcondra recently, and had dinner at Il Corvo. We were starting a weeklong trip to the western village of Clifden, and figured this would be our last opportunity to eat something other than "gougons" or creamed-whatever...

The food was lovely, I must say. I had the spaghetti and meatballs (my stomach wasn't feeling too adventurous after an all-night flight from the US and a day of touring around Dublin), and it was very good.

The service was terrific. We didn't have just one server - anyone (including the manager) who was available brought us our orders, checked on us, delivered the bill, etc.

I'd eat there again, for sure.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a place to get a steak. Just as you like it. I go there for intimate meals, also for business meals. It is idealy located and close to hotels transport and is also extremly very good value.
The wine selection is very good also. And of course they sell Heineken. What more could you ask for.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went to this restaurant on Wednesday and will definitely not return. I ordered spaghetti bolognese - and really this was a seriously disappointing dish - not worth the money. Too much salt and apart from that there was no taste. Prefer my own bolognese which you can actually taste the sauce and not just salt!! Staff were only average and as for the interior dark and dismal. Don't bother eating here!

2  Thank FrancisLongford