“great place for a beer on an afternoon”
Review of Hogan's

Hogan's
Ranked #1,500 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I like to seat at one of the tables which look out onto George's street and enjoy a pint on an afternoon.

The clientele is eclectic, and relaxed and the service is good.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Hogan's used to be a buzzy place but now is behind the scene, was there on a evening for business, no attempt to engage with the customer, dated surroundings and then flash the lights for last call - a service element would have been to go around to each table and enquire for last round.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

To be honest Hogan's might have got 2 stars if it wasn't for the smug staff in the downstairs bar. Surprised by the cost of a a round I queried the cost with the barman as I did not get a receipt. this was obviously to the displeasure of the barman who gave me a euro and told me to get lost. To be honest I was shocked and commented on his rudeness and poor customer service skills. He looked at me , smiled, and took the drinks back and returned the money i had given him.. He then waved at two bouncers who swiftly walked over and asked me to leave. I explained the situation and the fact that being the one to have convinced a group of 7 who had just gone for a meal to have a few pints after, It would be quite embarrassing. I was told: "sorry he's the manager". Needless to say it ruined everybodys night.. I can honestIy say I was never asked to leave a bar before and its not the nicest feeling in the world. The barman's behaviour was unnecessary and bad for business, and APPALLING to be honest. If he worked me I would sack him on the spot. I would love to say I will never go there again but having a lot of friends who go there I may have no choice some day (if i get in..:-)) but I will certainly do my best to avoid it from now on.

4  Thank padDublin d
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ok bar with lots of space and can take a crowd! Good selection of drinks and service good, nothing special just nice enough

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great pints and I love the interior. Very simple but cool. Grab a window couch and have a good chat.