“Inexpensive dinner”

Cuisines: American, European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Was looking for somewhere different with a colleague and diciest to dash in here as it was starting to rain ( what a surprise !!).
Had a squid and mayo starter, the squid was perfect but the batter a little too floury and the mayo bland.
Colleague opted for chicken wings in a spicy sauce with garlic bread, reported bread bland, and chicken wings were minute.
I opted for a pizza after spotting a nice oven and it' was good, bread dough base and nice spiced sausage and pepper toppings, good tomato base.
Colleague had mediterranean chicken with sweet potato chips and salad, reported as OK.
Beer was stupid at €4 for a small 330cl bottle.
However for a cafe style place with good attentive staff it was ok.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Recently went here for brunch. It was a nice sunny day (probably the best day we will get in Ireland all year!) and we managed to get a table outside. I actually got sunburnt....but that was my own fault! I ordered the Gotham Breakfast...this was supposed to come with rosti potatoes but came with roasted baby potatoes instead which was bit of a disappointment. Aside from the potatoes there was one nice sausage, two dried out bits of streaky bacon (worst I have tasted in a long time), a spoonful of nice mushrooms and some average scrambled egg. There was also some sourdough bread - dry and tasteless and not really the kind of bread you want with a fry. Aside from the sausage and mushrooms I can't say I enjoyed it. My friend had a pizza which looked nice....probably a better choice. We decided to go elsewhere for dessert (icecream from Ginos...mmmmm!)...and didn't even bother with tea or coffee. Wouldn't be rushing back unless I was stuck...and definitely not for the fry! The staff are pleasant though, if slightly inattentive, and the atmosphere is buzzy so not all bad.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Loved everything here..the staff were very nice and manged to fit us in at rush hour...Decor is very nice so cosy and warm..food isn't too expensive and nice size portions..will be back again..

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I dropped in here on a saturday afternoon with my family, and was surprised how busy it was!! Atmosphere was lively but not overwhelming. We had to wait 10 minutes for a table which was fine. The maitre d' was very helpful and charismatic. One thing I would fault is that the menu is a bit limited, they've sandwiches and pizza and not a lot else. I've been here 3 times now n theres not a lot to get if you wanted to avoid bread! The prawn starter was delicious, pulled pork sandwich for mains was nice but i'm a little against sandwiches for dinner! Everything i've tasted has been very tasty but again very limited and special diet friendly as far as i could tell from the menu.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I met friends here during the week for dinner after scouring restaurants to suit them and their vegetarian needs!

The antipasti platter was fantastic and the presentation on a wooden board was lovely, I had the pizza for my main while my friends had the salads both were very nice and reasonably priced.

I would recommend the place for a nice inexpensive meal as the menu has a wide variety of choices