“Probably the definition of average”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Gotham Cafe

Gotham Cafe
Ranked #67 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin
“Probably the definition of average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Recently went here for brunch. It was a nice sunny day (probably the best day we will get in Ireland all year!) and we managed to get a table outside. I actually got sunburnt....but that was my own fault! I ordered the Gotham Breakfast...this was supposed to come with rosti potatoes but came with roasted baby potatoes instead which was bit of a disappointment. Aside from the potatoes there was one nice sausage, two dried out bits of streaky bacon (worst I have tasted in a long time), a spoonful of nice mushrooms and some average scrambled egg. There was also some sourdough bread - dry and tasteless and not really the kind of bread you want with a fry. Aside from the sausage and mushrooms I can't say I enjoyed it. My friend had a pizza which looked nice....probably a better choice. We decided to go elsewhere for dessert (icecream from Ginos...mmmmm!)...and didn't even bother with tea or coffee. Wouldn't be rushing back unless I was stuck...and definitely not for the fry! The staff are pleasant though, if slightly inattentive, and the atmosphere is buzzy so not all bad.

• Visited May 2013

Waterford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can not fault”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Loved everything here..the staff were very nice and manged to fit us in at rush hour...Decor is very nice so cosy and warm..food isn't too expensive and nice size portions..will be back again..

• Visited March 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Tasty food, not too expensive, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I dropped in here on a saturday afternoon with my family, and was surprised how busy it was!! Atmosphere was lively but not overwhelming. We had to wait 10 minutes for a table which was fine. The maitre d' was very helpful and charismatic. One thing I would fault is that the menu is a bit limited, they've sandwiches and pizza and not a lot else. I've been here 3 times now n theres not a lot to get if you wanted to avoid bread! The prawn starter was delicious, pulled pork sandwich for mains was nice but i'm a little against sandwiches for dinner! Everything i've tasted has been very tasty but again very limited and special diet friendly as far as i could tell from the menu.

• Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely mid week meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I met friends here during the week for dinner after scouring restaurants to suit them and their vegetarian needs!

The antipasti platter was fantastic and the presentation on a wooden board was lovely, I had the pizza for my main while my friends had the salads both were very nice and reasonably priced.

I would recommend the place for a nice inexpensive meal as the menu has a wide variety of choices

• Visited April 2013
St. John's, NL
“Delicious curry in stylish surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The good: A tasty cafe-restuarant that makes for a nice lunch out with friends of date night choice. Ambiance was chic yet cozy. The food was delicious, particularly the pad thai and curry dishes. It was a relief to find delicious vegetarian-friendly eatery in meat-and-fish heavy Dublin.

The not-so-good:
Waiter was gruff, abrupt and distracted - the only false chord of the meal. Despite asking for no bacon on the soup (we're vegetarian) and being assured it was just a garnishing on top that he would ask the chef to hold, it still came to us with hunks of bacon sunken to the bottom of the bowl - and when notified, no apology or offer to replace it. Hence, no tip. Their management might want to pay attention to this kind of thing. Still, we enjoyed the rest of the meal and still recommend it.

• Visited March 2013