“Best Food & Service”

Ranked #80 of 2,592 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant has been at the beating heart of a dynamic, contemporary community for over 25 years. Our customers experience a genuine taste of modern Ireland, full of eclectic talking points and the warmth of that country kitchen down the west. Today, our restaurant caters for up to 2000 local and international customers a week. The relaxed, warm atmosphere provides a natural habitat for conversation to flow easily and to share stories. Come join us in the heart of Temple Bar, and discover what it means to be Irish. Totally Irish.
Williams, California
“Best Food & Service”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate at the Boxty for a early dinner after a long day of sightseeing. The Boxty was my must eat at restaurant. We had the early bird pre fix. We both had the seafood chowder to start it was amazing. I had the chicken & Leek Boxty my husband had I believe the Irish stew. Both were delicious and the servings were huge. I could not eat most of my food neither could my husband. We finished with The Baileys Cheesecake I still crave the cheesecake. It was so light and creamy. My husband and I rolled out of the restaurant very satisfied. The service was top notch. I am so glad we were able to eat there. If you get the opportunity you must eat here. I hope to eat here again before our visit is over.

BoxtyHouse, Public Relations Manager at The Boxty House, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Nice to hear that you got to enjoy a full day of taking in all the sights Dublin has to offer, and we are delighted to hear that The Boxty House was your choice of restaurant after. We hope you find the time to visit us again.
We really appreciate you taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Braintree, United Kingdom
“This is THE place to be for Irish Food!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel in O'Connell Street and was a fair walk away - but oh my was it worth the effort! We enjoyed it so much we went back 2 nights later. There was a bit of a wait for a table for 4 and the waiting area was a bit cramped as it was quite popular on the Friday night. We were happy to wait though and so very glad we did. We all had the Atlantic Seafood Chowder for starters which we loved and the main course was a "Boxty" which is a traditional potato pancake filled with different meats and sauces. Absolutely beautiful. The ambience was fantastic, we felt very at home, and the staff were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for you. We would definitely return again and again and would have no hesitation in recommending Gallaghers to everyone. Don't let the wait for a table put you off, it's not for long and you'd be a fool to miss it.

• Visited October 2012
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor, it is nice to hear that you found us to be so good that you decided to dine with us a second time! All the staff work very hard to provide every customer with a first class Boxty House dining experience.

As you pointed out it can get very bust at night time so we do recommend reserving a table with us if you wish to dine at a certain time, however if you are just passing us and happen to drop in you can leave your name and we will give you a time to come back when a table will be available.

We look forward to seeing you again, and since you enjoyed the Boxtys so much why not go to our website where you will find easy to follow videos showing you how to make boxty at home. We would love to hear how you got on!
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Top class Irish Cuisine”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

First class food and service. The service was efficient and the food arrived hot and well presented. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful. The restaurant decor is very well presented. If you are visiting Dublin, Gallagher's Boxty House should be on you list of restaurants to try before you leave.

To be referred to as 'Top Class' really is a great complement, so thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a nice review. We are delighted to hear that our staff were able to make your visit with us enjoyable. We make the atmosphere within the Boxty House resemble an old Irish kitchen and try to echo this in our decor, food and hospitality.
Thank you again for your review and hopefully we will see you on your next visit to Dublin.
Chislehurst, Kent
“Great food, great location”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great food in Temple Bar area, four of us all had something different, and all great quality, I had the cashel blue cheese and mushroom dumplings, absolutely delicious, really recommended, and very good service in a lovely atmosphere.... and the beer was great too.

• Visited October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us, it is much appreciated.
Great to hear that you all got to enjoy different dishes and found them all to be satisfactory. the secret ingredient in the Boxty Dumplings is grated raw potato, and when cooked and added to the blue cheese sauce we agree it's just delicious!
Hope to see you in Dublin again some time.
Dublin, Ireland
“Experience Ireland of a Thousand Welcomes in one evening..”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had friends visiting from South America and they wanted to try some real Traditional Irish food.On recommendation Gallaghers Boxty House was the 1st choice. We were not to be disappointed..it was busy inside which is always a sure sign of a great restaurant in my humble opinion.The atmosphere was warm and welcoming and the staff couldn't be more friendlier or helpful!
The food was hearty and everything I imagined our traditional cuisine to be.My friends from South America relished the very tasty stew while enjoying some of the local craft beers.
Overall I would really recommend the Boxty House to everyone Irish who hasn't tried it yet and for those who have guests from abroad!thank you for a great experience topped with a wonderful Irish ambience ..

Great to hear that our restaurant was recommended to you as a first choice and you were not disappointed. At the Boxty House we want our customers to receive the full package, Bia, Caint, Ceol agus Craic, as we say, which translates into Food, Talk, Music and Craic. So we are pleased as punch to hear that you enjoyed everything about your visit with us.
Thanks again for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.