“Brilliant Vegetarian Restaurant”

Ranked #51 of 2,574 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Cornucopia is a casual dining wholefood vegetarian restaurant producing fresh, tasty & healthy dishes. Our delicious and varied menu which caters for a variety of tastes and diets- vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, sugar free, coeliac & raw/living; or simply for anyone seeking quality home produced and well crafted food. Our soups, salads, main courses, breads & desserts are made in-house by our skilled chefs. Vegetarian breakfasts, fresh Juices, award winning cookbook, organic wine, fairtrade coffee.
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Vegetarian Restaurant”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Brilliant! Food excellent, service friendly, fellow customers friendly - easily amongst the best veggie restaurants I have experienced.

Visited April 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
“Eat here. Every time.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Check it out. I'm not a vegetarian but this is better than meat. Seriously. So many tastes. Such nice people too. I'm back here as often as possible.

Visited December 2012
Cornucopia-Dublin, Public Relations Manager at Cornucopia Restaurant, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi, thanks for the lovely review and we hope to see you again soon!
Yellowknife, Canada
“Good vegetarian cafeteria but a bit boring food”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I’ve eaten in Cornucopia couple of weeks ago and even though I do think it’s a great little place, I left with quite mixed feelings and knowing I may not be coming back... I’m a vegetarian of 18 years myself and love the idea of great wholesome foods. Fair play to the owners for the great variety of veggie and vegan dishes, for the super friendly staff and efficient service, recession-friendly prices and for keeping the place clean and lovely even when busy. The food they serve is more of a home-made style, good flavours but unfortunately lacks presentation and just didn’t surprise me, didn’t blow me away. The sort of dishes they serve would be an everyday dinner for me, while when going to a restaurant I’d like to be inspired to try and do similar dish at home. I can’t see this happening after my visit in Cornucopia unfortunately. However if you want a good and healthy non-fuss homemade meal this is definitely the place to go to. If you’re not into cooking yourself, who knows, they may even surprise you with the menu and the flavours. Great place and good buffet-style (or canteen-style) dinners but the food didn’t excite me. And therefore only 3 stars from me. PS. I am seriously considering buying their cookbook though:)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Justine28
HI,

Thanks so much for the review. Our homemade style has been with us for years and sometimes we do up the game on special 3-course themed evenings when we show a different side. Since we opened the first floor dining room we have had some stunning table service nights with a very different fine dining style. Our chefs are bubbling with creativity and yes unfortunately it is hard for them to express this in our canteen style. Please do keep an eye on our social media and website for upcoming nights like these. We do hope to run them more regularly so hopefully you will be able to experience this new side of Cornucopia soon.

Thanks!
Dublin
“Good breakfast - even for meat eaters”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am not a vegetarian but some of my friends are, and we meet here regularly for breakfast at weekends. The kitchen produces consistently good food and I think that their pancakes are probably the best in Dublin. I often order fried eggs and hash browns and have never been disappointed. You get free coffee refills with breakfast.

Staff are friendly and helpful. The only negative is that the service can sometimes be a bit slow, even when not full of customers...

• Visited March 2013
yorkshire
“No nonsense vegetarian food in popular area”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had a couple of meals here on a bleak weekend Dublin visit . The food is delicious and staff service very attentive . I feel that it could be made a little cosier , a bit quieter ( downstairs ) and needs slightly more comfortable seating . Prices reasonable and a welcome alternative to some of the other local establishments .

• Visited March 2013