“Long time no visit”

Ranked #44 of 2,617 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Cornucopia is a casual dining wholefood vegetarian restaurant producing fresh, tasty & healthy dishes. Our delicious and varied menu which caters for a variety of tastes and diets- vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, sugar free, coeliac & raw/living; or simply for anyone seeking quality home produced and well crafted food. Our soups, salads, main courses, breads & desserts are made in-house by our skilled chefs. Vegetarian breakfasts, fresh Juices, award winning cookbook, organic wine, fairtrade coffee.
Wexford, Ireland
“Long time no visit”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It's been over seven years' since I last visited Cornucopia and whilst it looks slightly different inside due to the increased space, it still has the queue up and gawp at the choices counter service and the seriously large portions.
I could have quite happily eaten everything on the menu (well everything that was vegan anyway!) but settled on roasted vegetable and puy lentils topped with herb mash and two salads. I stuffed a berry topped 'cheesecake' in as well and then had to go for a brisk walk so I didn't fall asleep!
Good food, friendly staff, what's not to like?

• Visited November 2012

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
“Yummy food even for meat eaters!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm not a vegetarian but was hosting some veggie friends, and I must say the food was just fantastic, and very filling.
The lasagna or vegetarian burritos are fanatstic, the juices freshly presse, and the wheat grass shots had me buzzing.

so good I been there a few times for my healthy fit.

All freshly made, served at deli counter so you can take away also.

Bohemian atmosphere, live singers in the evening.

Truly enjoyable experience

Visited November 2012
Cornucopia-Dublin, Public Relations Manager at Cornucopia Restaurant, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thanks for the review. We are happy to notice you mentioned our fresh food and juices as we put a lot of effort into making sure our ingredients are fresh and in season when possible. I do love seeing our veg order coming in and knowing that it will be all eaten the next day. It is a good feeling seeing exactly what our chefs create into delicious meals with a combination of fresh herbs, quality spices and organic grains!
london se
“Good honest veggie and vegan food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Found this place by searching online. My hotel were useless "oh most places will do a vegetarian dish". I wanted a whole veggie restaurant. The place is casual and a bit of an 80s throwback decor wise. Floorboards. Plain tables and counter service. I walked in. A bit bemused but was soon told how it works. Would have tried the raw carrot, lemon and avocado soup but was too late, others had got it before me. I had a good if rather filling moussaka with a choice of two salads. I wanted a fresh juice (as I have a bit of a sore throat) but was told rather brusquely that the juicer had retired for the night as they were only open for 30 mins more (50 actually - but she wasn't to be trifled with). My food was lovely but I had to queue to choose my salads behind some ditherers so my moussaka was only luke warm when I are it. There was a guitarist - he too had retired for the night. I do wish places would understand that if they are open they are open, and if closed they are closed. This silly half way and shilly shallying is annoying, and smacks of - "we'll take your money but move your feet while we sweep up around you". (Rant over). Food was very good and washed down with an unremarkable glass of house red. Not really a fan of self service but went back to look at desserts and had a wonderful raw chocolate tart. Divinely creamy but not too sweet. Brilliant. In fact all the food was delicious and reminded me of Cranks and Food for Thought in London and Food for Friends in Brighton albeit 10 or 15 years ago. The staff were young and 3 out of 4 that I interacted with were charming. Met the owners daughter who was delightful and was so impressed that I bought the cookbook. A thoroughly good somewhat retro veggie experience.

Jerusalem, Israel
“Excellent delicious vegetarian food at great prices”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I loved this restaurant. The dishes were great. There's just no other way to describe them. Whatever we ordered, we enjoyed immensely. Everything was fresh, and the staff patiently answered all our questions. We never paid more that 18 euro for a meal for two people.

• Visited November 2012
Aalborg, Denmark
“Excellent choice of well made vegetarian dishes”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The atmosphere was great at this vegetarian restaurant. People that don't know each other share tables and that just adds to the atmosphere. The cue seemed very long when we came in. But the girls behind the counter worked quickly and we soon got some delicious food. I choose the health tray with juice, pate, two kinds of salad and a soup of your choice. Everything tasted great. I would love to return to taste lots more.

Visited November 2012