“Legendary vegetarian food”

Ranked #45 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Cornucopia is a casual dining wholefood vegetarian restaurant producing fresh, tasty & healthy dishes. Our delicious and varied menu which caters for a variety of tastes and diets- vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, sugar free, coeliac & raw/living; or simply for anyone seeking quality home produced and well crafted food. Our soups, salads, main courses, breads & desserts are made in-house by our skilled chefs. Vegetarian breakfasts, fresh Juices, award winning cookbook, organic wine, fairtrade coffee.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a real Dublin institution. The food is always great - tasty and healthy. Great lunch spot in good central location

2  Thank DLMCC
There are newer reviews for Cornucopia Restaurant

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I have been eating at vegetarian restaurants for over 20 years and this is one of the best. We enjoyed the multiple selections of entrees, salads, soups and breads. The restaurant was around the corner from our hotel and we dined at Cornucopia on two different occassions. Excellent! A must for any veggie lover!

Cornucopia-Dublin, Public Relations Manager at Cornucopia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Hi,

Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate it!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

After eating several 'traditional' Irish meals we were ready for something cholesterol-free. If you have food sensitivities, be warned: the people behind the counter don't inspire much confidence when answering questions about ingredients. "Um, well, there shouldn't be" was about as close to 'no' as I could get. But it I guess they were right, because I survived. I ordered aubergine in a filo dough crust with a side of tamari barley salad and mixed fruit. OMG, it was fantastic. The food quality is superior. My meal was completely vegan (nut-free too) and totally delicious.

Finding a table is a pain. You wander around with your tray of food, hovering over a table until someone leaves. Oh well, I would still eat here everyday if I could.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Rustic and slightly chaotic. Nice idea for lunch: soup, salad and pate with bread. Soups variable when we were there - some good, some not so good, pate so-so, bread so-so, reasonable salads, all served with cheerfulness though perhaps not efficiency!

Good range for non-meat eaters so what more could you ask - it isn't fine dining but it will do.

Hi,

Thanks for the review. It is good to get all different aspects and opinions and we take them all in. Our slightly chaotic environment will hopefully calm down a bit in the new year as we are opening a first floor Georgian dining room which will have another counter and a different more 'evening meal' feeling. Please do check it out then and let us know what you think. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend found this gem of a place when researching for our weekend away. I'm a lifelong veggie whilst he is a meat eater and I think we were both a little concerned about how he'd cope!
Well we needn't have worried, this place is AMAZING! We both found the food delicious (once I finally managed to choose!) and everything was very reasonably priced. We visited on a Saturday night and the atmosphere was great, with the staff being very friendly and attentive.
This is easily the best veggie restaurant I've ever been to and I only wish I lived in Dublin so I could go more often!