“lovely bite to eat.”

Ranked #655 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Citron Restaurant in one of Dublin’s hippest, Conran-designed hotels is found at the very heart of town just opposite St Stephen’s Green. On the mezzanine level overlooking the lobby, Citron has Conran’s signature elegant, minimalist luxury with a zesty lime and lemon colour scheme, softly glowing lighting, woven white bar front and dark timber floor. The ambience is Euro-bistro and the modern Mediterranean cuisine is perfectly attuned to how we eat now. Relaxed, funky, fun Citron is one of the very best spots in the city to see and be seen, a great night out starts at Citron and ends in the bar where the ambience is the best.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in the Fitzwilliam hotel and ate in this place 5 times in 10 days (not including breakfasts).

The restaurant actually has two menus dependant on the time of the week. Both are very good and good value for money, the staff are great and we would definitely recommend it.

In addition, staying in the hotel for 10 nights I ate breakfast every day for the duration of our stay and the breakfast, including service were excellent.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friends and I dined here using the pre-theatre dining options. The selection was beautiful and the food was great. Very attentive service and excellent value. I recommend this restaurant very highly.

2  Thank Clifford B
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was possibly the best of my three great experiences of this restaurant. And no: I have absolutely no connection with the place.

Once again, we went there (Thur. April 26th) on a two-for-one voucher. Unlike some venues who can barely contain a snooty sniff when you present as a voucher bearer, the greeting and the entire service are marked by a real professional warmth and attentiveness that - even following Dublin's wake-up call in recent years - can not be taken for granted in the city.

A complimentary kir royale was refreshing. While we were browsing menus, a humorous board appeared with tiny clothes line" on which hung paper-thin potato crisp slices, with a pot of garlic and chive mayonnaise dip. Then we were brought a lovely amuse-bouche of artichoke mousse and Iberico ham. Delicious.

For starters we chose hot-smoked salmon with fennel and apple salad, with a light citrus dressing and pea with chorizo and squid. Portions were, if anything, a little too generous - not a frequent complaint from my company! Mains were duck breast (with thinly sliced artichoke and other interesting accompaniments) and fillet beef which was as tender and flavoursome as only the best fillet can be. A bottle of tempranillo seemed good value at €36.

We finished with the same desserts as on a previous visit: an apple trio of crumble, puree and creme caramel with vanilla ice cream and (a really special one this) strawberry soup with basil jelly, basil ice cream and what I will describe as a mousse.

Service was impeccable throughout. Why cannot more hotel restaurants be like the Citron? If this was only a restaurant, it would be thronged nightly. Unreservedly recommended.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have visited Citron with my girlfriend twice: once with a menupages voucher and once for the Early Bird. On both occasions we were very impressed with the food and enjoyed some of the best service we have experienced in Dublin. The food has a Spanish twist - I understand that the Irish chef trained there - with some very unique combinations. For me, it outstrips some of our over-priced Michelin starred restaurants

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is my 2nd review for that restaurant and I think Citron deserves more attention than what it gets at the moment.. Discovered that place by chance through menupages last year and since this is one of my top list of places I will return without hesitation..
Food and services are 5stars.. We arrived 15-20mins earlier and the Maitre D' told us that our table was not ready and sent us to the bar for a cocktail/aperitif... We got both a kir royal - the barman opened a new bottle of Moet champagne to make our kir royale (champagne with blackcurrant).. We didnt know if we had to pay or not.. Nope! They were on the house :-)
Food was fabulous as usual, service absolutely great..
Will return again and is Highly Recommended...