“Excellant food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Citron
Ranked #657 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Citron Restaurant in one of Dublin’s hippest, Conran-designed hotels is found at the very heart of town just opposite St Stephen’s Green. On the mezzanine level overlooking the lobby, Citron has Conran’s signature elegant, minimalist luxury with a zesty lime and lemon colour scheme, softly glowing lighting, woven white bar front and dark timber floor. The ambience is Euro-bistro and the modern Mediterranean cuisine is perfectly attuned to how we eat now. Relaxed, funky, fun Citron is one of the very best spots in the city to see and be seen, a great night out starts at Citron and ends in the bar where the ambience is the best.
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellant food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have visited this restaurant a few times - it is based in the Fitzwilliam Hotel. I was first introduced to it through work and since have returned. It is on the mezzanine level over looking the lobby. It has a modern feel but fresh and simple. The staff are charming and the host each time has taken a few minutes to chat to us. The waiting staff are well informed on the food they are serving which is lovely and yet not intrusive. The food is fantastic on my last visit I had the risotto starter with squid which was very tasty and then followed with the salmon which I had before but lived up to expectations. I like how the staff serve the food it reminds me somewhat of Thortons upstairs. Lovely restaurant worth a visit.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Meath82

“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was my first visit to this restaurant and l was really looking forward to it. However I was a little disappointed with the overall experience. For a start, the restaurant was freezing cold (we were seated looking over the reception area), lacked atmosphere and was quite noisy (from the reception area below). The food was average, the starter the best of the lot. For main I had turkey and ham, which was bland. The single roast potato was a little mean and looked lonely on my plate. On a positive note, the service was excellent - very friendly, attentive and efficient.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dublin
“5 star meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

On first impressions the room seemed large and bistro like ,lacking in atmosphere.
The sheer quality of the food and the amazing imagination of the chef soon dispelled my fears.
The most amazing amuse bouche was presented to us which I took a photo of. Wait for this, Shirts on a clothes line with a dipping sauce!!I kid ye not, truly artistic!
My starter was a beautiful soup and judging by the oh's and ah's of my co-diners their starters were equally as tasty.
The main for me was beef cheeks washed down. by a wonderful Malbec.Dessert was a medley of crumble compote and moreish homemade icecream ,to die for!
I would highly recommend this 5 star restaurant which is on Stephens Greens doorstep .
A better location is hard to beat ,though loo's are down in the lift to lower level. Small price to pay for a beautifully presented meal and served by pleasant staff.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kathy O
dublin
“A place to revisit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

This restaurant is in the same hotel as Thornton's and probably get overlooked in favour of its posher, more upmarket (and much more expensive!) sister restaurant however it's a place I will definitely go back to. I've been here twice recently, for lunch and dinner, and there wasn't a single course I would have any quibble about. The lunch menu was very reasonable (around €25 for 3 courses) and had a good choice of dishes. Service was excellent and though the place itself is not particularly intimate, it is pleasant and definitely worth a visit.

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely food but expensive and lacks atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

This was our first visit to Citron and we were impressed by the quality of the food. We enjoyed every course ordered, and we ordered every course available. Service was also good. The negatives for me were that I personally didn't like the dining room - low ceilings and lack of windows - nor did I enjoy the long trip down a couple of floors to the bathroom. On one occasion it took around 10 mins to get there and back due to the lift being very busy.

We would likely return to Citron but only for a special offer as the normal prices are quite high.