Tripadvisor
Dublin

“True Irish Hospitality at The Highest Level”
Review of Chapter One

Chapter One
Ranked #12 of 3,091 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I had the opportunity to have dinner here recently, after my last visit being 4 years previous.

As you enter Chapter One, you are greeted by the very welcoming and pleasant host. This is experience begins as soon as you enter the dining room, first of all the team members all introduced themselves personally to us which is a very warming start to the meal.

We opted for the Tasting Menu, we choose our own wine as they have some very interesting bottles of wine on the list that we definitely wanted to try.

The tasting menu from start to finish was full of flavour, textures and taste. Each dish well balanced individually but also played a key part in its place in the meal.

The staff were very friendly and showed a great level of professionalism, but also a great sense of humor.

Throughout the entire meal the Head Waiter Jimmy looked after us exceptionally well, this gentleman is without doubt an absolute asset to this Restaurant. It is clear to see that he throughly enjoys his job and this positive energy he shows resonates through the entire restaurant.

The hospitality that Jimmy and the showed us on the night, is firmly why I still believe that Chapter One is the restaurant that showcases and embodies not only Irish but Dublins Hospitality at its finest.

1  Thank KeithKeith1993
Write a reviewReviews (2,381)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

I was in this restaurant for the first time ever last Friday and what an experience.
From we walked in the door until we left, the staff could not do enough for us. We were given a choice to go to the bar for a drink first or straight to the diningroom. We decided to go to the bar first and we were delighted that we did, as Ross Lewis himself came over to us and wished us well, thanked us for coming to Chapter One and to enjoy our meal.
We went for the tasting menu, six courses with wines. One course was better than the other, though what stood out for me was the 3rd course of Scallop and the 4th course of Venison, absolutely beautiful.
The staff were very attentive at all times, told us exactly what was in each course and explained the wine we were having with each course.
I can only describe our meal as a Food Experience and I will be back.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

I have never felt more compelled to write a review than after our visit to Chapter One on a recent trip to Dublin. From the moment we stepped into the restaurant we were treated like valued guests. The entire wait staff was amazing, knowledgeable and welcoming. Everyone was attentive without being overbearing, a lot of times Michelin restaurants can be pretentious and stuffy, this was not the case at Chapter One. They were able to make the experience feel special without making us feel like we didn't belong.

My husband and I have dined at many Michelin restaurants (including another in Dublin that did not even come close to this experience) and we left this dinner blown away by the outstanding service and food. All of the food has hints of Irish culture which makes the menu really stand out from other restaurants. Also, the portions were a good size and not the typical "tweezer" food that seems to have become the norm for fine dining. The food was perfectly paced and each course had lovely options. The irish coffees are the best I have ever had.

At the end of our meal we were given a tour of the restaurant which was very exciting for myself and my husband who is a somm himself. I can not thank Chapter One enough for the lovely meal on our wedding anniversary and for making us feel so welcome. I continue to recommend this restaurant to everyone and look forward to returning.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2020

I really enjoyed all the great tasting and beautifully presented courses. The staff was excellent. Great value for the experience. ... especially when your treated by your loved one.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Great atmosphere and wonderful food. The food delivery was timed perfectly nad never felt rushed. Service excellence!

Date of visit: May 2019