“Very special!”

Cuisines: European, French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Visited Chapter One for the first time last week with my fiancée & family. We had been meaning to try it out for a long time so expectations were high and I was very excited!
From start to finish it was an amazing meal and definitely my favourite Michelin star experience to date! The front of house team were friendly as well as attentive which is really nice in a five star restaurant. No pretentiousness, they were relaxed & fun!
We ate from the four course set menu and ordered one of everything so that we could get a taste of the whole menu! There wasnt anything I didnt like, and my suckling pig main was one of the highlights! We had chosen a very reasonable Rioja which was so enjoyable we had a few more bottles than planned! From the delicious breads at the start of the meal to the petit fours at the end, we could not fault a thing and could have stayed all night!! Could not recommend it more!

1  Thank holiday_queenWexford
Write a ReviewReviews (2,037)

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Lunch in late march 2014, not been in a little while. Fabulous greeting as always by Martin, always leaves you seated with a smile on your face. Set lunch of black pudding with poached egg and sweetbreads, rump of beef with tongue and cheek, chocolate mousse dessert. Absolutely fantastic quality, food tasted and looked superb. Service is quietly efficient with no fuss of other Michelin restaurants.

Great value for such quality, a treat as always from super staff.

1  Thank OffalyPk1973
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have had dinner here twice and have to say that the food is superb. Cozy seating arrangement and love how they make the Irish coffee at your table (very tasty). Do try the home made chocolates and macaroons with your coffee (if you're not already bursting). Well worth it.

1  Thank PeckishAdventures
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Myself and my fiancé celebrated our anniversary in February of this year and decided to treat ourselves using a blue book voucher we had received as a gift. The only choice for us was Chapter One as I had never been before and by George is it fantastic. The genuine welcome from the Maitre'D was flawless knowing exactly the occasion we were celebrating and welcoming us in to the bar for a pre-dinner drink, the cocktails were the best I've tasted, Hendricks Martini was amazing. Our order was taken and we were shown to our table by Declan, who was constantly checking back on our experience, I couldn't say a bad word about anything, all the staff, food and ambience was incredible.

What made our trip even more special was we were treated to a tour of the kitchen and shown the chefs table by Declan who gave us the extra mile treatment the who night.

We do hope to return, sooner rather than later. Thank you to you all.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Chapter One is an experience everyone should have. From the eccentric maître de to the atmosphere, food and wine. It fantastic. Have eaten here a number of times normally in new year as our Christmas treat to myself and my husband along with our friends, On last visit we asked to see kitchen on leaving, which they obliged no problem. If you find prices a bit high, try a pre theatre dinner , the experience the same - Fabulous!