Chapter One
Cuisines: European, French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Absolutely magnificent food. Had the lunch menu, €50 per person for three courses. We swapped starters and couldn't decide who's was better. The mains were outstanding as well. Well worth the Michelin star! Personally greeted by Martin. Would have spent a fortune elsewhere. Will definitely be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,991)

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Within one month I visited the Chapter One twice – both business related lunch and dinner.
The first time we got the Chef’s table and spent a bit of time getting to know the owner (Ross Lewis), which was a great experience.
However, the atmosphere, the staff and especially the food was second to none.
I can only recommend this restaurant to anyone, being it for business or leisure, don’t miss out on the opportunity of dining at this restaurant.
Although I don’t live in Dublin and only travel there infrequently, I will definitely use this restaurant for any business lunches and dinners going forward.
Keep up the good work Ross.

1  Thank Lxbourg
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We went as a 2 couples having booked some time in advance by e-mailing the restaurant. They have a Michelin Star and it is easy to see why! Ambience, food and especially the friendly staff were all great! It is in a basement on one of Dublin's many Georgian squares, so perhaps not an ideal lunch/ summer venue but perfect for a cold December dinner. The menu featured some novel dishes and was beautifully cooked and presented. Staff were knowledgeable and friendly. It was expensive compared to the average but excellent value given the quality.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I was very much looking forward to an evening with my client at this restaurant, I was not disappointed.

The service here was casual, attentive but just the right level to entertain and hold senior executives. The sommelier have us some great advice on wine, which paired our dishes beautifully.

I had the goose terrine to start which despite not having any bread/crostini was absolutely amazing, light and melted in the mouth. My halibut main was exquisite, meaty and well accompanied, followed by a fruity and refreshing mandarin delight!

Highly recommended for all your business entertaining. The chef proprietor even came out and entertained my group - an excellent touch!

Ps- you must buy their book!!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've eaten in a number of fine-dining restaurants, and although this restaurant would be considered 'fine-dining', one gets the overwhelming sense that they are just trying to hard. Less is more! Yes, the food is splendid, but there was too much, after the 4-course meal I was absolutely full to the brim! And of course the service is fantastic, but a little too over-bearing. There is no doubt it is a good restaurant, but they just need to tone it down a bit.

I won't be returning.