“Fantastic meal”

Cuisines: European, French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Enjoyed a first class meal at Chapter One with friends one Friday evening recently. The restaurant was busy and there was a lovely atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and yet professional. The food was exceptional, the menu on the night we visited had some lovely options and it was so hard to choose what to have. Between the four of us we tried a good portion of the menu and each dish was delicious. Afterwards the chef came out and spent some time chatting at all the tables which I thought was really great. Before visiting I had felt that perhaps given its accolades, awards and reputation the restaurant might be a bit pretentious, I couldn't have been more wrong. Excellent restaurant, wonderful staff and outstanding food.

There are newer reviews for Chapter One

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My friend and I booked our table at Chapter One for the eve of St Patricks day months in advance and we were very glad we did.We found this particular michelin star restaurant to give a genuine,friendly welcome.We chose the four course evening dinner menu.Every mouthful was exceptional. The best food we ate in our three day break. We would certainly love to return.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

the food here is exceptional but it does come however with a high price tag unless of course you go for the pre-theatre menu which is good value for exceptional food.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great meal with innovative dishes such as stuffed pigs tail (as well as more conventional dishes). For the calibre of restaurant the meal was very reasonably priced. The matching wine recommendations were great. If I return to Dublin I'll be eating here again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Most people think of fish n chips and Bangers and Mash when they think of Dublin, but Chapter One is a high-end and high quality restaurant with a flare of french mixed in with Irish. The ambiance is very chic with wonderful art work on the walls.

The food was incredible...perfectly cooked and with perfect portions. We opted for the four course meal and every course was better than the first. In particularly, I had stuffed pig tails that was truly memorable.

The managers were also very engaging where we had a long talk about the difference between Irish restaurants and NYC. Great experience.

If you're in Dublin for a visit, don't miss Chapter One. While I was told it was difficult to make reservations, we went on a Wednesday night and I made the reservations about two weeks in advance without any problems.

1  Thank Rich W