“Amazing meal in Dublin” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 2,375 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, European, Vegetarian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Randolph, New Jersey, United States
“Amazing meal in Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Most people think of fish n chips and Bangers and Mash when they think of Dublin, but Chapter One is a high-end and high quality restaurant with a flare of french mixed in with Irish. The ambiance is very chic with wonderful art work on the walls.

The food was incredible...perfectly cooked and with perfect portions. We opted for the four course meal and every course was better than the first. In particularly, I had stuffed pig tails that was truly memorable.

The managers were also very engaging where we had a long talk about the difference between Irish restaurants and NYC. Great experience.

If you're in Dublin for a visit, don't miss Chapter One. While I was told it was difficult to make reservations, we went on a Wednesday night and I made the reservations about two weeks in advance without any problems.

1 Thank Rich W

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
“A-M-A-ZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent food at a reasonable price, friendly staff and a nice location which is close to the theatres. Very deserving of its Michelin star. Has unusual dishes (chestnut soup) and twists on classics (buttermilk mash potatoes)

1 Thank Alex B
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not impressed at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

don't get me wrong, food was good, service was better and the wines were excellent.
the vote is low because given the reputation of the restaurant, the awards it received (and the price you pay), you expect to be impressed.
Well, this did not happen once during a four course dinner.
Maybe I have been unlucky in my selection, but this is the exact point: you should not have wrong courses in a restaurant of this level.
Nowadays you can find better places to eat in Dublin, with less name but more creativity

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank luisianus c
Zurich, Switzerland
“it's good, but with a michelin-* it's onli AVERAGE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

we have some mixed feelings to comment this restaurant, because we had a earlybird seating from 18 to 20h. the food was good – the restaurant might be one of the best in ireland. it's very stilish. even when we rate the food as good, to us chapter one will be on the brink of loosing their one star michelin. because for such a star, the cuisine has definitely too little *finesse*. the wines by the glass are stiff priced, but the quality does not meet them.
service was very good and friendly.
we would go again into this restaurant, because it's hard to find a better one. but we will screw down our expectations the next time.

1 Thank pedrowei
Brussels, Belgium
“An enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was expecting great things from this restaurant and mostly it achieved. I went to celebrate a special event. The food was excellent. I love dthe burnt onion broth. The waiter was the best I have ever had. But for some reason I left feeling a little disappointed. I think we were unlucky in that the crowd there that night were a bit boisterous and I just wanted a quiet dining experience. But I will try again and I repeat the waiter was the most polite, attentive, unobtrusive waiter I ever had. I made this known to the management, the first time I ever did so.

• Visited March 2013