WINNER WONDERLAND

Chapter One
Ranked #3 of 2,456 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, European, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not impressed at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

don't get me wrong, food was good, service was better and the wines were excellent.
the vote is low because given the reputation of the restaurant, the awards it received (and the price you pay), you expect to be impressed.
Well, this did not happen once during a four course dinner.
Maybe I have been unlucky in my selection, but this is the exact point: you should not have wrong courses in a restaurant of this level.
Nowadays you can find better places to eat in Dublin, with less name but more creativity

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank luisianus c

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
“it's good, but with a michelin-* it's onli AVERAGE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

we have some mixed feelings to comment this restaurant, because we had a earlybird seating from 18 to 20h. the food was good – the restaurant might be one of the best in ireland. it's very stilish. even when we rate the food as good, to us chapter one will be on the brink of loosing their one star michelin. because for such a star, the cuisine has definitely too little *finesse*. the wines by the glass are stiff priced, but the quality does not meet them.
service was very good and friendly.
we would go again into this restaurant, because it's hard to find a better one. but we will screw down our expectations the next time.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank pedrowei
Brussels, Belgium
“An enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was expecting great things from this restaurant and mostly it achieved. I went to celebrate a special event. The food was excellent. I love dthe burnt onion broth. The waiter was the best I have ever had. But for some reason I left feeling a little disappointed. I think we were unlucky in that the crowd there that night were a bit boisterous and I just wanted a quiet dining experience. But I will try again and I repeat the waiter was the most polite, attentive, unobtrusive waiter I ever had. I made this known to the management, the first time I ever did so.

• Visited March 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing Meal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

On arrival we were brought to table by Martin who was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. We did feel a bit out of place at first as it was quite posh but were made to feel like the most important table in the restaurant and soon felt completely comfortable. The food was excellent. We had the pre theatre meal so was very good value for money. The mashed potatoes were the best I have ever eaten! We were even taken to have a look at the kitchen after our meal. This is expensive but definitely worth the money for a special occasion!!

Visited May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent pre Theatre dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I recently had American relations in town and decided to go to Chapter One for the pre-theatre dinner menu. I know I was lucky that tried to get a reservation on a Tuesday - as I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell getting a table from Wednesday to weekend.

The food was excellent. The service was very good (a bit "in your face" but as have been there before I was not surprised) and dinner was very enjoyable.

Well worth the visit and I keep saying I will organise a table (WELL in advance) for my birthday.

The pre theatre menu also is excellent value and a memorable experience. The relations loved it !

• Visited April 2013