“perfect place for a special occasion”
Review of Chapter One

Chapter One
Ranked #1 of 2,596 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“perfect place for a special occasion”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Other michelin starred restaurants in Dublin dont really live upto the hype I expect when i walk through the door. This is by far, the best fine dining experience in Dublin. I took my partner here for his birthday, it was worth every penny. A 4 hour experience that was not just about the food or wine but about the environment, the staff, being able to have the time to enjoy the person you're with. Everything was superb. It is very expensive so not an everyday or even weekly jaunt. Once a year its totally allowed and the person you bring with love you for it.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Pre-Theatre Treat on a Mother Daughter Day Out”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My sister and I brought our mother here for a Mother's Day treat. We often go to the theatre together so when a recent trip co-incided with Mother's Day we decided to bring her here for the pre-theatre menu.

There is a choice of 3-4 starters, mains and deserts with Tea/Coffee all for €40. We each went for different choices for each course so we got to sample most of the offering - all equally phenomenal. The sommelier also recommended a nice bottle of wine to go with our meal.

The menu changes quite often which means this is something you can do a couple of times a year. Since I did it I have raved to all my friends about it and 3 have since done the same thing. It is a fabulous nite out!!

While the food here is definitely amazing (my mum is quite a foodie and loved inspecting how flavours were put together and methods of cooking and presenting each dish) it is the service that sets this place apart. Every single staff member makes you feel like a friend and makes it a really special experience which is what we wanted.

I really can't wait to go back. This place definitely had myself and my sister in the good books for at least 2 months!!!

• Visited March 2012
“Really wanted to like it!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Was really looking forward to eating here for a couple of months before the booking. Overall it was a pleasant experience but nothing special.... Arrival on entry wasn't particularly friendly we thought, a little cold. We were brought to the bar area where we ordered some wine... this arrrived shortly after and was beautiful and at the perfect temperature for red (might i add the olive nibbles were lovely). Ten minutes after we were brought to our table and our waiter Leonard was great, really friendly and helpful. We went for the 4 course meal: Chestnut soup was a little cold, for our starters we went for the scallops and the Venison, neither of which were anything out of the ordinary... well presented but as regards taste, nothing special... for mains i went for the pheasant and my wife the Chicken... Again neither blew our socks off, on a poitive note the chicken fillet part was cooked to perfection... Deserts went down much the same without any major impression... we did think the presentation of the cheescake was fab but nothing you would be running back for as regards taste. Might i add we are not particularly fussy eaters and not the type that enjoys complaining. To be honest there was nothing to complain about on the night, it was a fine meal but that is about it. Nothing too grandiose or out of the ordinary. Was expecting something special from this and quite disappointed with the result. Was nice to try it and we still had a great night out but wondering what all the fuss is about?

Visited December 2012
1 Thank punter1981
Dublin, Ireland
“Love it.Love it. Love it”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I visited here for my birthday,of note it is very difficult to get a booking for dinner so despite ringing well in advance we had to go for lunch. I have dined here in the evening also and both sittings are excellent. We had the tasting menu which was superb and particularly for lunch represented the best value for money. Chapter One is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in and is well worth a visit but book early to avoid disappointment.

Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Top class professional service fit for a king”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Top class food , at a slightly upper price level , but keep away from the exclusive drinks list and it will be well affordable for all occasions you can just have a class instead of a bottle , must be tried once at least , but you will want to go back !

• Visited January 2012