“Consistently high quality food and great pre-theatre”
Review of Chapter One

Chapter One
Ranked #5 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wofe and I regularly eat at Chapter One as a pre-theatre treat. The food is consistently good and the service is excellent. If you book pre-theatre you can guarantee you will be on time for the Gate or the Abbey and they will even walk down to collect your tickets for you

Write a ReviewReviews (1,991)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

unable to get dinner reservations for the whole week but they had lunch opening the next day at 1pm. they have 2 and 3 course meals. excellent for about 35 euros. some people were in ties,others more casual business. food and service as expected was excellent.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our second attempt to eat in Chapter One. The pre-theatre menu is quite restricted with only 4 choices on each course. The reservation was made two months in advance and although I had asked to be moved up to a main sitting it seems that they were fully booked up for the night. The service was exceptional with a light touch. The food was as expected of a Michellin starred restaurant. We hope to go back to a full dinner menu in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I did research on places to eat in Dublin and was very happy that I was able to eat here. I was warmly welcomed without a reservation as I was having lunch for one. The services was very friendly. To the point that I felt like I didn't want to leave. Food was well thought out and the flavors and textures were what one would expect of a foody restaurant. My lunch was paired with wines. I did not ask about the glasses in advance and was surprised to find that each glass was around 10 euro. Which to me is more than reasonable. This is one of the attractions to be seen in Dublin.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Firstly I will get the negative out of the way, the maitradee pre warmend the tuna woul be served pink to which I told him the rarer the better. When I recieved my main the tuna was well done, something ina Michellin restaurant I find a serious mistake. I didn;t send it back though as what came with it in terms of sauce and veg was amazing and I figured if they hadn;t told me they would serve it rare I wouldn't have benn too upset. My starter was lovely, the choc desert though nice could have been better presnted. Overall I would say i enjoyed this meal but I am not reviewing it alongside my local, I am reviewing it alongsid other simialr 1 star's and the overcooked main is hard to