WINNER WONDERLAND

Chameleon Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 2,453 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Chameleon in Temple Bar is an intimate, ambient restaurant that specialises in Indonesian rice-table. Rice table (or rijst-tafel) is when the diner is served an array of sumptuous different dishes, at the same time, from confit of pork belly with star anise to free range chicken satay to our delicious desserts, all made in-house! Its almost like Indonesian tapas!Since opening in 1994, its owners, husband and wife team, Carol & Kevin have made a point in using as much locally sourced Irish produce as possible, including only using free range Irish chicken and locally caught, seasonal Irish fish.Chameleon is ideal for a romantic get together or indeed, for your birthday party or Christmas party, as they can cater for groups of up to 40 in our private dining rooms.Winning may awards over the years in 2013 the Chameleon was voted Best World Cuisine in Ireland by the highly acclaimed Restaurants Association of Ireland
“Very different....in a good way.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was found by me about three years ago by accident, there were 6 of us in temple bar looking for a good place to eat, we had the tasting menu, lots of interesting dishes, really nice, really sensational from a taste point of view, service was great too, been back about 5 times since, love it, but much better with a group of people as you get more dishes, great little place ....................... ......................... ..................................

Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
dublin
“Nice food....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Dined here recently with group of friends.
Table wasn't ready when we got there but we were accommodated at small bar downstairs with some drinks by a very helpful/ knowledgable bar lady.

Upstairs in the seating area is a bit small but probably adds to atmosphere. Didn't fancy sitting on the floor with all the cushions ( wouldn't have been able to get back up :))

Menus are a little bit complicated but are explained by the waitress, we did have one group member who had been there before and explained them too, if being really honest I think the waitress just added more to our confusion of ordering.

Once ordering done, food arrived, nearly all good food, except the small chicken wings( quite bland), great fish options, prawns were really tasty.

Food did all arrive at different times like tapas, all placed wherever there was room on the table so no one was really sure who ordered what or what belonged to whom. We all tucked in either way.
Didn't get to taste all options, but majority looked nice.

Only let down of the night was desserts- 7€ for piece of chocolate cake thatnot one of our group liked. The ice cream assortments want down very well.

The beers and ciders they sell are lovely, really light.

Good central restaurant, clean restrooms (only one ), but pricey. We paid approx 57€ each for main, 3/4 of us had desserts and 2-3 drinks each. But have to remember we were smack central of temple bar so all prices are relative.

I would like to try the restaurant again, I think it would be perfect when going with a partner or small group (we had 8, and was too much)

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went there at the weekend to celebrate my sons 8th birthday.
I had mailed them to arrange booking, also to sort the seating as my sons wanted to sit on the cushions but due to a disability I would not be able to get up or down from the cushions.
They sat us in a perfect place. I was able to sit normally and the kids had the cushions.
They made a big fuss of the birthday boy upon arrival.
We ordered 3 of the menus, which was enough for us as we were all having dessert, if we weren't then we could have ordered 4.
They have about 6 different menus and each one comes with anything between 5 and 8 small dishes. Like tapas food.
I cant tell you if its authentic food, it was good though. The noodles were FAB.. and EVERYTHING was eaten.
I had also asked in my mail to them if they could put a candle in my sons dessert .. my husband went to check that this was being done but they were ahead of us !!! and he loved his chocolate brownie and icecream.
Its a small restaurant so booking would be a good idea !

We really have a good time and would go back. The cost was ok. The kids had fizzy drinks, I had half a bottle of red, hubby had a beer, 3 menus, 2 desserts and 2 coffees was €112.

My only issue was we got the bill and we had to wait about 15 mins before they came with the credit card machine, if it had just been me and hubby it wouldn't have been a issue but the kids were really tired and the birthday boy was near tears... but that's all I had to complain about.

Antwerp, Belgium
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Small restaurant with very friendly, all female staff (at least when we were there). Serves excellent Indonesian rice tables and has a more tapas-like approach downstairs. Small gem in a busy restaurant-neighbourhood.

Ireland
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went here last night. Wow, the meal,service and surroundings were all fantastic. Staff are extremely knowledgeable on all the menus (including drinks). Great night out! Very reasonable for the standard of food and service. Highly recommended