“Yum”

Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Chameleon in Temple Bar is an intimate, ambient restaurant that specialises in Indonesian rice-table (set menus) as well as a large selection of tapas dishes with the flavours of South East Asia, from Javanese short rib to our super tasty steamed bao to free range chicken satay to our delicious desserts, all made in-house! Since opening in 1994, its owners, husband and wife team, Carol & Kevin have made a point in using as much locally sourced Irish produce as possible, including only using free range Irish chicken and locally caught, seasonal Irish fish.Chameleon is ideal for a romantic get together or indeed, for your birthday party or Christmas party, as they can cater for groups of up to 40 in our private dining rooms. 100 Best Restaurants in Ireland 2013 - 2017
Dublin, Ireland
“Yum”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went there at the weekend to celebrate my sons 8th birthday.
I had mailed them to arrange booking, also to sort the seating as my sons wanted to sit on the cushions but due to a disability I would not be able to get up or down from the cushions.
They sat us in a perfect place. I was able to sit normally and the kids had the cushions.
They made a big fuss of the birthday boy upon arrival.
We ordered 3 of the menus, which was enough for us as we were all having dessert, if we weren't then we could have ordered 4.
They have about 6 different menus and each one comes with anything between 5 and 8 small dishes. Like tapas food.
I cant tell you if its authentic food, it was good though. The noodles were FAB.. and EVERYTHING was eaten.
I had also asked in my mail to them if they could put a candle in my sons dessert .. my husband went to check that this was being done but they were ahead of us !!! and he loved his chocolate brownie and icecream.
Its a small restaurant so booking would be a good idea !

We really have a good time and would go back. The cost was ok. The kids had fizzy drinks, I had half a bottle of red, hubby had a beer, 3 menus, 2 desserts and 2 coffees was €112.

My only issue was we got the bill and we had to wait about 15 mins before they came with the credit card machine, if it had just been me and hubby it wouldn't have been a issue but the kids were really tired and the birthday boy was near tears... but that's all I had to complain about.

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Antwerp, Belgium
“Great place”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Small restaurant with very friendly, all female staff (at least when we were there). Serves excellent Indonesian rice tables and has a more tapas-like approach downstairs. Small gem in a busy restaurant-neighbourhood.

Ireland
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went here last night. Wow, the meal,service and surroundings were all fantastic. Staff are extremely knowledgeable on all the menus (including drinks). Great night out! Very reasonable for the standard of food and service. Highly recommended

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & Great Service”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were a group of 14 & had pre booked. The great service started before we even arrived in Dublin, as we were proactively contacted a few times by the restaurant to sort out the menu's & seating requirements.

We were given a private room & were seated on low level tables with Cushions, which really added to the atmosphere.

The food was beautiful, and such a wide choice. We left it up to the restaurant to choose what we ate & this was a really good idea. The atmosphere was lovely & really cosy. The staff were very friendly & accommodating.

If we're ever back in Dublin we will definitely go again.

Dublin, Ireland
“Really enjoyed it!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Had a really nice meal and experience here. The food is so fresh and tasty and the staff more than willing to guide you through the menu. Would recommend it and will be back.

• Visited April 2013