“This food is amazing”

Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Chameleon in Temple Bar is an intimate, ambient restaurant that specialises in Indonesian rice-table (set menus) as well as a large selection of tapas dishes with the flavours of South East Asia, from Javanese short rib to our super tasty steamed bao to free range chicken satay to our delicious desserts, all made in-house! Since opening in 1994, its owners, husband and wife team, Carol & Kevin have made a point in using as much locally sourced Irish produce as possible, including only using free range Irish chicken and locally caught, seasonal Irish fish.Chameleon is ideal for a romantic get together or indeed, for your birthday party or Christmas party, as they can cater for groups of up to 40 in our private dining rooms. 100 Best Restaurants in Ireland 2013 - 2017
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

great tasty unique food.....love it....been here 5 times...best with a group as you get more dishes to taste...love this place....only thing is more beer options....plenty wine options but I dont like wine....gem of a restaurant. ............................................................

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Ate there recently with friends.I wasn't impressed.My first experience of this type of cuisine so I have to allow for that.I left hungry,poorer and never likely to return,the atmosphere was good and the service very attentive otherwise a thoroughly forgetable experience.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Food was out of this world, atmosphere was lovely but could have done with a lick of paint! But cant rave about the amazing meal I had here.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Really amazing food but a bit disappointed with the service and atmosphere. I was so excited to take my sister here but for most of the evening were sat down stairs alone whilst a large party went on upstairs. It meant we had to ask to order drinks and food rather than anyone coming to our table which was a bit annoying. Food however was served fairly quickly. My advice, ask to sit upstairs, but if not it is still worth it for the food and would also book in advance.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My daughter told me this was a 'must do' - so we did!! Amazing experience (similar to Tapas) and excellent food. Very friendly & smooth service....I wish the Irish Sea wasn't in the way so that I could re-visit (often)!!