“Place to see!!!”

Bad Ass Cafe
Ranked #529 of 2,754 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: The Bad Ass Cafe was and remains a landmark establishment in Irish tradition and culture. We have recently undergone renovations to revitalize the popular premises. It has once again become a favourite of the masses in the heart of Temple Bar with everything from delicious food and drink to live music, Stand Up Comedy and entertainment in the form of our very own Bad Ass Donkey for children. So come on down and see for yourself!
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Best pizza ever :)
Brilliant atmosphere., staff very friendly,
Service very fast :)
Love this place!!!

BA_Temple_Bar, Public Relations Manager at Bad Ass Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Hi Magsssss

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write an opinion piece on the B. A. Temple Bar, Dublin. The B.A. Temple Bar is your Chapter One in the book of best restaurants in Dublin; our unique ambiance presents a modern/stylish restaurant that offers personal service, an extensive menu crafted from local/fresh produce. Traditional Irish dishes such as bacon and cabbage sit easily alongside international pasta dishes and fresh crusty pizza.

Our beer and wine selection have been described as: Malty, biscuity, breadlike, grainy, rich, deep, roasty, cereal, cookie-like, coffeeish, caramelly, toffee-like, molasses-like, malt complexity, smoky, sweet, autumnal, burnt cream, scalded milk, oatmeal, rustic, layered.

We have live music 7 evenings per-week and we have Temple Bar’s only Salsa Night starting each Saturday night at 11pm.

The B.A. Temple Bar is set right in the heart of Dublin’s Cultural heartbeat, Temple Bar, we are steps-way from theatre, cinema, nite clubs, day tours, all major tourist attractions and we offer an Oasis in a city that can often appear a desert to fine food, personal service and value for money.

We cater for parties large and small, Hen Party, Stag Party, Birthday Party we will ensure that you have a great time and full Stag and Hen Party Packages are available. FREE Birthday Cake for parties of 15 or more, the bigger the party, the bigger the cake.

Please join us on Facebook where we have FREE Draws and Special Offers advertised, join us Now on Facebook and be in with a chance of winning a Meal for Two and Bottle of Wine.

The B.A. Temple Bar is more than a stylish restaurant; it is a Gathering Place for local and international travellers to come for good food, drink and merriment. It is above all else a social meeting place and offers real meaning to Social Networking with international and romantic friendships being moulded around a great meal and a cool beer. The B.A. Temple Bar is a place that you drop into to find out what is happening in one of Europe’s finest historic cities, you set off with your day planned and you return to relax, enjoy live music and a cool pint of Ireland’s greatest export, Guinness.

Regards, B.A. Temple Bar, Management and Staff

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The food was pretty good- but at Temple Bar prices...

The worst part was the service. Watching the waitstaff was almost pitiful. No one knew what was going on. Very poor management. My partners steak was delivered and half eaten before my stuffed mushroom made it to the table and we sat with empty beers for better than 10 minutes. The very worst of it was waiting for ever for someone to bring the check... Then again for them to take the pay. All the while customers are turning around leaving because there are no open seats.

2  Thank Peenkzeeba
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been for a while in Dublin and I have to say Bad Axx(profanity rules) has the best beef & guinness stew!!!In fact the kickass burger and the stew are two of the most delicious dishes we have ever tried!!!!We ended up there after a very dissappointing experience just across the road, as we tried to have lunch in another pub but the staff was really infriendly....-we were not in a really good mood but Bad Axx(profanity rules) guys made our days!!!!Strongly recommended!!!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've been looking for a comedy club in Dublin that does both food and a show in the same establishment, but I guess I'll have to keep looking. Not to bash on any the inspiring comedians, but that was the worst show I've ever seen. I'm not here on tripadvisor to write poor reviews, but you really asked for it. The food was ok and the music downstairs was good enough, but someone needs to manage this bar better. I see it going downhill quickly, if it hasn't already.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stopped here as it was quiet at the time, the staff are friendly, the internal decor dated by interesting, the food ok. I wouldn't rush to return the live music was disappointing. If I was back and wanted something quick and simple then, yea I wold consider it, would I was it is a must see, no sadly not. But staff were friendly and very helpful.