New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Lovely city centre restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 101 Talbot Street

101 Talbot Street
Ranked #107 of 2,390 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ireland
“Lovely city centre restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited recently with my mother and Grandmother due to its convenience to an appointment we had city centre. It was only about 12 so we were very early but we were warmly welcomed.

Lunch menu was lovely and good value although I would say the chowder could have been more fishy!! Trout was beautiful and desserts were tasty.

I would certainly visit again but one piece of advice I would give the restaurant- invest in better heating system- quite chilly!

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Another fine meal to remember”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my fourth visit to 101 Talbot, and once again, the food was delicious and the service excellent. I had a succulent pork cultlet, with delicious accompaniments of roast apple, celeriac mash, cabbage and crispy bacon pieces. Each element was utterly scrumptious, including the gravy, and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. My other half was very happy with his chicken, which was of very high quality and a generous portion. The servers were friendly and very efficient, without being intrusive.There is a nice amount of space between the tables, which is always welcome, and the restaurant has a lovely, relaxed ambiance. On my previous visits to the restaurant, I had monkfish, chicken, and duck; all were delicious, with the monkfish being especially so. I was very pleased to find that high standards had been maintained, as such 101 is definitely one of my favourite places to eat in Dublin overall, and my absolute favourite for that part of the city.

• Visited March 2013
Ilkley
“A port in a storm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Arrived at restaurant windswept from atrocious weather outside to a warm welcome, we chose the 3 courses for 30 Euros. The food was excellent quality I had creamy fish chowder, crispy skinned trout on Irish mash with a buttery chive sauce, then a hot apple strudel with toffee ice-cream, all delicious washed down with a French Chardonnay. Staff were all very professional and were there when/if you needed them. Highly recommend at the price they were charging!

Visited March 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Not great thou...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We visited this restaurant with my fiancee and we went for early bird menu. Since my fiancee is from Greece, mediterranean menu seemed like a good choice for us. I did order hummus as a starter and my fiancee ordered poached pear salad. Starters were really nice and tasty. Then as main i ordered sweet potato, aubergine, chickpea & spinach curry toasted peanuts, chutney, basmati rice curry and he did order Linguine Marinara. No matter how good my curry sounds like on menu, in reality it was something semi sweet with no spices and very flat taste... Big disappointment. So i ate lil bit and coz of no taste of food i didnt eat anymore. My fiancee was very happy with his pasta and finished it all. After waiter came and asked how did we enjoyed and i said that i didn't so he left to the kitchen with a plate and coz i was sitting just opposite to the kitchen i saw him showing my plate to chef and both of them starting to laughing there. Well, very unprofessional to be honest. And minutes after he came and asked me to get something else instead. I did order something else some roast stuffed peppers but coz of this previous thing, i didn't even enjoy it. Probably never there again....

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Sonia U
Monaghan, Ireland
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

10 of us visited the 101 Talbot, a mixture of Irish, Scottish and English and we had a fabulous night. The food catered for all pallets and I being the only vegetarian had a fab meal, something different from the normal limited choices for vegetarians. The other 9 meat eaters were really impressed with their food with the majority ordering the duck which was apparently fantastic. The staff in the 101 Talbot are top quality, efficient and friendly and the prices are so good. It's a win win night out with great food, great atmosphere, quality and value. Always a favourite for me when visiting Dublin.

• Visited January 2013