“Great Little Eatier, but a little more effort would be amazing.”
Review of Roly's Bistro

Roly's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Roly's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Description: Roly's Bistro opened in Dublin in November 1992 and quickly became one of the city's busiest and best loved restaurants. Its reasonably-priced menu and wine list together with a casual, light-hearted atmosphere made it an instant hit with everybody from romantic couples to families, from business executives to local and visiting celebrities. Today, a team of 27 chefs serve freshly-cooked food to over three thousand people a week without compromising on quality and standards. Fresh heated bread is baked daily in the bakery.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have always loved this restaurant from its hearty take-away breakfast rolls when I am working events in the RDS, to its cafe to its restaurant upstairs. The food is always topnotch and the staff lovely.

However, due to recent events I have had to make massive changes to my diet and as such I would love if they could add some more gluten free breads to their list of tasty breads. They do a banana and walnut gluten free bread, but that really won't go with a full on fry first thing in the morning.

Also, when ordering a meal, as I was last Sunday evening, my options went from great choice if I could eat everything to being very limited due to the addition of flour in a lot of their dishes. I could have the burger without bread, fine used to that - but also without chips as they are coated in flour, so it would be served with mashed potatos instead - so not really getting a burger then.

The soup is gluten free, but as they only do the one type of gluten free bread, it was taken without bread.

I went from a choice of 5 dishes for each course down to two for each course and even then these would have been with modifications, except for the desserts - icecream is icecream after all.

I would still recommend this venue to all my friends if they are ever going to the RDS for any shows, but for me - I may just have to go elsewhere :(

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Good Morning

This Friday I went to your restaurant through a voucher Livingsocial ( 50 Euros ) , when we arrived they gave us a card with the menu , but when we went to order our food and we show them the voucher , we were told that our menu was different, they were other dishes, what I understand is not fair, that if you bring a voucher is not the same letter .

Once in the restaurant, ordered a beer twice , and after 25 minutes I tell him we lift to the manager, and brought it personally , and told us that we were invited .

At the end bring us the bill and tell us that we have to pay 5 euro supplement for eating meat, when at any time we communicated , and which seemed to me in a restaurant of this class , this can not happen because after 10 minutes of talking with the manager, not charged us , but the reason for the dinner was a celebration , really super- ally left unhappy at their treatment by having to argue after having paid dinner.

You go to dinner to have a good time , and really the experience that I have been has been very negative , unequal treatment and have to go very bad taste home.

on any occasion we we had felt this way, we work both in a company the tourism sector and we are more than 1400 people working here, and I can understand many things, but when you go to celebrate a special occasion, such unusual circumstances make this time as not so special

Sincerely .

4  Thank Manuel M
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This place cannot be faulted at all for the food. It is excellent! A group of 20 and every single person came away saying how much they enjoyed the meal. We were crammed into 2 tables with limited room which was not comfortable if we had more space then I would be scoring this a 5 all the way! Service staff were polite but could have been more professional to match the food I don't want that to sound negative but they lacked serving experience. Only one veg main option pasta which was very good but when I asked if there was an alternative was told no which I would have like to have been told of course we can accommodate: anyway despite this I would full recommend this place to anyone as the food is simply outstanding!!! Will go back and ask for a
Bigger table ;-)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

11 family members, including children, had a wonderful meal to celebrate a family birthday. The place was buzzing and the atmosphere was as ever wonderful. Food is outstandind and the staff are very attentive without being in any way overpowering. Service was fairly slow but we liked this as we were able to have an extended time to enjoy the birthday celebration. Best bistro in this area of Dublin by a long way.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have had enjoyable meals at Roly's before, at the "upstairs" quite formal restaurant. This time we were involved in a "Family Gathering" at what they call their "Cafe" - it's downstairs, and only slightly more "casual" in style than the longer-established dining area we experienced previously. We had a great evening!

The "Cafe" is airy, well-lit and tastefully decorated, with comfortable tables. Service is cheery and efficient, and the food choices are attractive and reasonably priced. Our group - of widely varying age levels - chose different Starters which included Fish Cakes, Spring Rolls and a very generous shared Antipasti platter - all excellent. The Mains selected humoured the differing tastes and ages of our group - a traditional "Fish & Chips" dish, for example, was deemed exceptionally tasty (and imaginatively presented), the "Burger" option was flavoursome, (and a bit of a challenge in terms of portion size!), a number of Pie dishes more than satisfied those who requested them, while my own Hake dish (with some interesting ingredients like chorizo & chickpeas) was especially enjoyable.

Not all our group were able to tackle the Dessert Menu (9 choices) - Roly's Cafe has a clever "Dessert Tapas" concept : you can pick a number of moderately-sized portions from the list. Again, all those who could manage a dessert seemed extremely happy with what they got.

We have long felt that Roly's does a consistently great job - our most recent "Cafe" experience reinforces that view. It's particularly pleasing that you can enjoy a "Family Gathering" with excellent food + friendly efficient service, in very comfortable surroundings, without having to pay "an arm and a leg" - well done "Roly's Cafe"!