“Our First Trip to Dublin” 5 of 5 bubbles

Maldron Hotel Parnell Square
Ranked #48 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellerose Manor
“Our First Trip to Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here on our last night of the tour and we could not have asked for more. It was very nice. Our tour group ended up sitting altogether at dinner and the staff was EXCELLENT!!!!!! The hotel staff was very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PhilipUzice, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Parnell Square, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay.

The entire team and I were delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Philip Uzice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Finnish first
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Our four-day stay in this clean and quiet hotel was wonderful. Special thanks to the front desk staff -- especially Vivienne -- for friendly and helpful service. She and the rest of the staff were outstanding....

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Howie T
Dear Howie,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay.
The entire team and I were delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and the positive feedback on service was greatly appreciated by the entire team and Vivienne in particular.
We thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed from Sunday through to Thursday and was greeted with a warm Irish welcome. The air conditioning unit did not work from day 1 and was not resolved before departure even after discussing my concerns with reception. The iron cable was unsafe and had to be removed meaning the loss of the use of the trouser press.

Good hotel however more needs to be done to ensure guest satisfaction before departure.

Room Tip: Ensure you have good working AC during summer months
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was upset to hear you were disappointed with your stay and I can only apologise with the issue that occurred with the air conditioning. Unfortunately the issue that occurred was a maintenance issue that could not be predicted and it temporarily effected 3 to 4 rooms and could not be rectified immediately as we awaited the delivery of a replacement part. I can assure you everything is now working and all air-conditioning units are being serviced.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The location was very convenient for getting to the city centre but also having a bit of a break from all the commotion. The rooms are great down to the smallest detail like the comfy pillows and soft white comforter. Only complaint is that the hotel is kept at a temperature that is to warm for my liking. With no air conditioning unit, I had the windows open the entire stay and it was still a bit on the warm side. Breakfast was great and the self service coffee machine was very convenient. Also would have preferred if there had been some kind of fitness center as the parks were all a bit of a distance

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
Dear Gabrielledesiree,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay.
The entire team and I were delighted you enjoyed and found the room to be so comfortable.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

the hotel it's near the city center, a very good location,but the area outside is not the best one. The room was very spacious, but I didn't like the carpet. I hope they change that in the future a wood floor would be nicer. The hotel staff was very helpful and kind, specially Stefan, hewas very helpful to me and my wife.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay.
The entire team and I were delighted you enjoyed and found the room to be so comfortable and the staff to be so helpful.
Brownsville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

First of all, I believe that a hotel's staff, in spite of any little inconvenience, makes or breaks the hotel. The people that work here are wonderful !! They were so helpful in giving us directions, explaining where to change money, and where not to go, (Dublin does have its dangerous areas like all big cities). Let me give you one shinning example of their kindness and attention to detail. My camera needed to be charged and I was about to pay 7 Euros to buy an Irish adaptor to charge my camera. For some reason the adopter I had been using worked very well in England and Scotland, but not in Ireland. So I brought it down to the pretty young lady at the desk and she was able to unfold another apendage and said, " Let me take it back here and see if it works in one of our plugs". It did !!! So this young, and smart, young lady saved me 7 euros !!! At breakfast we were served by a lovely young lady named Irene who was from Sicily!!!( I got to speak Italian with her. My grandparents were from Sicily) So it was nice to have her conversation and lovely smile as she poured us coffee. The room was very clean, the bathroom spotless, and the beds so fresh and clean smelling. As I said before, the place was just around the corner from everything you might want to see in Dublin: the spire, the famous Post Office, the statue of James Joyce, and Trinity University is just across the river. You will love this hotel. My brother and I certainly did !!!

Room Tip: Rooms all seemed about the same to me, but I was happy to note that the natural lighting from the am...
Green Features: I can't really say anything here, but I am almost sure that they do their part for keeping Ireland green and clean !!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank joedigrazia
Dear Jodigrazia,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay.

The entire team and I were delighted you found the staff to be so helpful and the location so convenient.

We thank you once again for the wonderful feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Comber, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the maldron parnell sq for 2 nights with my husband. The hotel was so clean. Staff were really friendly and could not do enough for us. Our room was quiet, well equiped and spotlessly clean with crisp white linen. Breakfasts were lovely too with plenty of choice. The location was great and we were able to walk everywhere. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jillyjr
Dear Jill,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay.

The entire team and I were delighted you found the staff to be so helpful the room to be so clean and comfortable.