Maldron Hotel Parnell Square
Westin.com
$242
$205
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
$380
$349
Westbury Hotel
$213
$192
Agoda.com
3,195 results
All reviewstemple barcity centreminute walko connell streetironing boardairport busbuffet stylebooked this hoteltriple roommodern hoteltea and coffeevisiting dublinyogurttrinity collegeparnelleuroireland
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We arrived at the Maldron Parnell Hotel and were pleasantly surprised to find out room was available for immediate check in (at eight am!). We put our stuff in the room, cleaned up, and resisted the urge to nap. The hotel was nice, with a television, a good sized bathroom and a decent size bed in the room. The hotel staff was fantastic- when the air conditioner was having issues, I called to ask how to fix it and they sent someone up within three minutes! They also gave us fantastic recommendations for dinner. If you are traveling from the States, note that quite a few hotels (this one included) require you to put the key card in a slot near the door to activate the lights/AC. This seems simplistic, but took us longer than it should've to figure out (I blame it on jet lag!). The staff deserves to be mentioned again- they were so helpful, went out of their way to help people, gave great recommendations, and had excellent tourist brochures. The only odd thing was when I ordered dessert to bring up to the room. I walked down to the restaurant, requested a chocolate cake and perhaps the person was new, but it took three people and twenty minutes to get me a piece of cake. The cake was good, it just was a bit strange when customer service had been so excellent besides that. Still had a great stay and would recommend it to anyone. It was about a ten minute walk from the Airlink and the same from the Aircoach. The Hop On Hop Off bus (which I highly recommend!) was just around the corner- about a two minute walk.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole C
PhilipUzice, Philip Uzice, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Parnell Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear AnnMarie,

Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor.

The entire team and I were delighted with your comments and that you had such a positive experience during your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and we thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Prior to staying at this hotel on 7th may, 2013 I enquired as to the possibility of a surprise being left in our room for my new wife (we were being married on the quiet in Leith, Edinburgh that morning before flying over to Dublin for our 2 day honeymoon). I had requested champagne, a red rose and chocolates and for the hotel to bill me immediately. I was overwhelmed when the General Manager, Philip Uzice not only agreed to my request, but very generously insisted The Maldron Hotel would not charge me for this extra service for our special occasion. Not only that, we were upgraded to a superior room at the top of the hotel complete with balcony.
On arrival at reception, Hittomi welcomed us warmly, was very pleasant and informative. Our room was perfect and my wife was thrilled with the surprise, courtesy of the hotel of course. The service, sleep quality, cleanliness and room was sincerely excellent which, in turn, by Dublin standards/prices made our stay also excellent in terms of value. We had been a little apprehensive about the location however, we need not have been as it was so convenient for walking to O'Connell St. and beyond. It was only a 3-4 minute walk from the Airbus drop-off/pick-up stop near the top of O'Connell St.
I have no hesitation in recommending The Maldron Hotel, Dublin and, my wife and I, will both certainly be back in the near future to further enjoy it's first class services.
A very grateful Mr & Mrs Gordon McIntyre.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr & Mrs McIntyre,

Let me congratulate you once again on your marriage and thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that the service and the room were adequate for this special time.

We were delighted that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us and I am very glad that our little efforts to improve your time in Dublin were appreciated.

We thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We checked in on Saturday May 4 after a long flight from ORD and got in about 10 a.m. Dublin time. I wasn't really expecting to have our room ready, since it was still pretty early in the morning. The lady at reception informed me our room wasn't ready but there was a room ready that was on the street side. She told us about it with a slight hesitation in her voice, giving the impression she didn't want to give it to us. She told it was because sometimes it can be a bit noisy. I was really impressed she cared about us enough to worry about that. We told her it would be no problem and certainly wasn't. All the nights we were there, heard maybe 2 cars the entire time but very very quiet the rest of the time. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. I wish I could remember the names of them all but it's not possible. But I can say with a certainty that all of them that we came across were simply wonderful! One, of just many examples; I got on the elevator looking at a tourist broucher on authentic Irish dancing and music nearby the hotel. One of the staff was on the elevator, noticed what I was reading and asked if she could help. So I asked what places nearby to go and enjoy some authentic irish music and dancing. She gave me two places withing about 10 min from the hotel. She gave me all the info, including how to get there and how much. I couldn't believe that here I'm on the elevator and she made it a point to help me with my questions. You'll find that with all of them. We asked them soooo many questions, all of them and never once did they seem bothered but instead, always did so with a smile and a glad to help attitude. It was amazing. Its very close to everything you'd want to see in Dublin. The Dublin City Bus hop on and off tour stops just around the corner, literally, it was about 3 blocks from the stop of the airlink 747 bus from the airport. It was easy to get to the hotel and walk around, even with luggage. It was perfect. The rooms where not as small as I read on trip advisor but was great size for what we needed, we don't go to dublin to just stay in the hotel. By the by, as a helpful reminder, we didnt know why the lights didn't come on. When you walk into the room, on the right side, there's a slot toput your room key in. Leave it in there and the lights will come on and stay on until you turn them off and the air will stay on too. It's all to save electricity by the hotel, great idea but we didn't know that when we first got in. Keep that in mind. Really, I can't say anything more nice about the hotel, it was great. STAY HERE ! We can't wait to go back. Do I recommend this hotel? YOU BETTER BELIEVE I DO !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wcguy29

Dear Wcguy29,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a glowing review on tripadvisor.

The entire team were delighted with your feedback. We aim to ensure that each and every guest receives exceptional customer service and we were delighted that the efforts of the team were appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and we thank you once again for taking the time to post such a positive review.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed at the Maldron Parnell Square recently. Very quick check-in and they have an express check-out system. Rooms clean with no street noise (we were on the 3rd floor). Receptionists were very helpful with their knowledge of the area. Very convenient for walking to either Ilac Centre or O'Connell Street or if visiting the Mater Private hospital. Good varied selection for breakfast. I even had a waiter bring me out hot pancakes from the kitchen as he thought the earlier ones had gone a bit cold. Thought that was good service on his part. Will definitely be staying here again. AnnMarie

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and heard no street noise at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had such a wonderful stay at the Maldron Hotel Parnell square. The facilities were exceptional and it was such a fabulous location which enabled us to take full advangtage of our city break weekend.

The hotel staff were so welcoming and helpfull and we had such a wonderful welcome on arrival. The restaurant, lobby and bar areas are chic, cosmopolitan and well presented which made it even better to stay in.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and exceptionnaly equipped and well presented.

We cannot wait for our next stay at the Maldron Parnell Square and are counting the days down until we return.

Lesley-Anne Coomber and Patricia Dutton, Manchester.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lesley-Anne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your glowing review on tripadvisor.

We were delighted with your comments and that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.
We aim to ensure each and every guests receive an exceptional level of customer service and we were delighted that on this occasion we succeeded.