“Brilliant value for money and upgraded to Suite”

Maldron Hotel Parnell Square
Ranked #47 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Midlands
“Brilliant value for money and upgraded to Suite”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I booked this hotel through Booking.com and mentioned it was my boyfriends birthday on day of arrival and if possible could i have a nice room. I arrived to very helpful staff (Kyle) who checked us in and told me of my upgrade to room 501 which was a suite. I arrived in my room to find not only an amazing large room with seperate bedroom and living area with 2 TV's, sofas, fridge and roof terrace but we also had a bottle of wine and chocolates with compliments from the manager (Philip Uzice). Thank you for an enjoyable staff will book with you again.

Room Tip: If you are going for a special occasion it is worth letting the hotel know this and they will probab...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Went to Dublin with my wife for an Easter break. We got a really good deal at this hotel; B & B plus one evening meal. We didn't expect much of the evening meal but it was a la carte. There was therefore plenty of choice and it was utterly delightful with the Bailey's cheesecake deserving special praise. We ate at other places during our visit and found ourselves wishing we had booked the hotel restaurant again. Everything about the hotel was spot on. The beds are probably the most comfortable I have experienced, the staff were so helpful and a credit to the brand. Others have previously referred to the noisy corridors; I have stayed in higher rated hotels and experienced MUCH worse. I always pack ear defenders when I am away to avoid this disturbance. All in all, a highly recommended hotel, setting us up for a wonderful weekend in Dublin. It is also ideally placed for the 16A bus to/ from the airport (100 yards walk) and a 15 minute walk to the Temple Bar experience. We are looking to go back and will certainly book into the Maldron again. We recommend you do the same.

Room Tip: You can request rooms with a bath, rooms at the back, etc if you have a preference. The hotel was so...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scottng15
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during 3 nights and honestly it's a very good hotel, very clean, very comfy, big bed and huge flat screen (I was in the room n° 215 which was on the side of the street so not noisy at all). The receptionnists were really kind, they took time to answer to all my questions....
The breakfast was really good (you can have a very good deal i.e. 8€ if you take your ticket the day before at the reception), a lot of things to eat and drink. The location is convenient there's a lot of buses at less than 50m of the hotel among the 16A which go to the airport for only 2,60€. O'connell street is less than 8 mn by feet and Temple Bar is about 15mn but it's an easy walking way. There's a lot of shops and restaurants just one block from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were two friends travelling a weekend in Dublin. We found this hotel which is located only a few minutes from O'Connell Street - one of the main streets of Dublin.

We arrived from the airport with bus - both bus 16A and bus 747 stops in the vicinity of the hotel. This was very convenient.

The hotel staff was friendly, the room was clean and we also got a spacious room. Some parts of the hotel was a little worn down. DUring our stay we had to request some help for some minor adjustments in our room and the staff did this very fast and to our satisfaction. The overall impression of the hotel was good.

For us it gave great value for money, it was close to main attractions, shopping areas and several bus stops. To walk to Grafton street it took approx 20 min.

It was possible to store our luggage at the hotel and our impression was that the staff took good care of the luggage - it looked safe.

We recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ReiseKurre
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

Clean hotel, good breakfast, rooms a bit small, but all ok. Told by friends in Dublin, many foreigners around there and felt intimidated a bit at night coming back there, with strange people outside, but otherwise good

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank btonboz
Pasadena, California, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was very satisfied with my stay at Maldron Hotel. Since my trip was last minute due to a family emergency, I booked another hotel in a hurry and after two days I decided to look for better accommodations. I found the hotel on booking.com, and although the room prices were comparable, I found Maldron Hotel to be far superior. Not only was the room clean and comfortable, but the service was impeccable.

When I needed extra help with arranging for an extra night, Vivian went out of the way to help. Really impressive!

I would definitively recommend Maldron Hotel as a ideal spot in Dublin!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniela M
Perth
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Given how cheap this hotel was, we were really surprised how good our stay was. Location for this hotel was excellent. We were lucky to jag a parking spot on the street for the first night, and at the hotel for the second night (very limited hotel parking and you can't pre-book it).

We had dinner once and breakfast twice - breakfast was very cheap for what you had, and well worth pre-paying for when we checked in. Dinner was pretty good for a hotel as well.

Location is great so close to the centre of town. Staff were very eager to please, and eager to point you in the right direction.

Rooms were clean and well appointed given the cheap price this hotel was. We would definitely recommend staying here, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple