“best radisson I've been so far!”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin
Ranked #18 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Perfect location in Dublin, couple of blocks from everywhere (St Patricks on one side, the Castle and the cathedral on the other and few blocks from the downtown itself and the famous shopping destination). I got a business room, really nice and modern, tasteful decorated; free internet (wired and wireless); free Nespresso coffee (machine in the room), fuits and muffins plate as welcome; friendly, helpful and informed staff at the reception, staff at the restaurant was also very helpful and they have a delicious breakfast buffet. The room has all the amenities that you will expect. I got a room with the courtyard view and it was lovely, besides you can see the skyline at night. I have to say that I've been in several radisson around the world and by far this is my favorite one, I wouldn't hesitate to go back again!

Room Tip: rooms in the upper floors have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank RoxLima
Write a ReviewReviews (2,304)

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My experience of the hotel went from bad to worse as the weekend progressed. At check in they wouldn't accept my visa/debit card as a visa card, something which hasn't happened to me before. Despite having given photographic identification and paying for my room upfront I had to pay a €100 deposit, total of €480. When I went to my room the kettle wouldn't work so I called reception and they sent me up another which also didn't work. As it turned out it was the sockets that weren't working and I could only use the ones near the ground behind the childs playpen to boil the kettle and use the hairdryer. These things happen so I didn't make a fuss. The next day however after some shopping I went to the Restaurant for dinner and the food was so bad that I couldn't eat it! When I returned to my room to have a shower I found alot of stale blood on my towels. I went to reception again and they changed them. When checking out the following day I asked to speak to the manager. He was polite and thanked me for complaining as this would help them improve. He gave me a 10% discount (after I mentioned tripadvisor) but said that it was an outside company that washes the towels and wouldn't accept responsibility. I made the point that his staff had put them in the room and that this is a serious health and safety issue. won't recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank jacqui S
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Just got back from our 2 night stay in Dublin. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough... The standard rooms were well equipped, spotlessly clean and a good size. We had breakfast in our deal which was also great.
Location was perfect, near all the attractions.
If you are looking for a great hotel in dublin then this is the one :-)

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed 2 nights on Tuesday/Wednesday 22-23 November for a short return break to Dublin. This Radisson is away from the main sights and stops on the Airlink bus route, and is on the edge of a residential area. It took me about 15 minutes walk from the Trnity College bus stop to find it.
The hotel looks much better inside than from the slightly austere exterior. The reception area is warm and friendly and the receptionist was very helpful in explaining the area, providing maps etc.
My room was 519 on the 5th floor (the lift has room card control slot) where the corridor temperature was very high throughout my stay. The room itself was much more comfortable heat.
There was a large double bed with duvet. I had a good sleep, which is the prime requirement for a hotel. There was iron + board, as well as kettle etc - though I used neither this trip.
The bathroom had a walkin shower which I loved. There were two shower roses so you had to be careful to depress the button to avoid getting drenched from the ceiling.
There were instructions to avoid towels being changed unnecessarily and these were respected by the staff. The hotel provided wash cloths - not always the case even in hotels of this standard.
Breakfast was extensive buffet. I had a business guest and the layout and choice proved good for the purpose. At €18 it was good value.
I paid €150 per night. Prices generally in Central Dublin were higher than I expected in a country reportedly going through an economic crisis, so this room rate was probanly not out of line with local prices.
Night before checkout, the receptionist did online airline checkin for me and printed my boarding pass. This was good service.
But for slight reservation on location, I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank alanreynolds
Reviewed November 22, 2011

One of the nicest hotels to stay in, very well priced for such high standards. the staff are excellent.

Room Tip: request higher up rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnjoepuck
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My husband and i booked the hotel for three nights for our silver wedding. We had booked a business suite but were given a free upgrade to a junior suite which was absolutely fabulous. The room was overlooking the courtyard with a balcony and immaculately clean.The bed was huge and,really comfortable. The hotel is near enough to walk to shops etc but far enough away to ensure a really quiet stay. Breakfast was lovely and we had a couple of meals in the Sure bar which were just as nice. The staff were efficient friendly and nothing was too much bother.We really enjoyed our stay at the Radisson would definately recommend it and can,t wait to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SUSIEBLUE62
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I planned a surprise weekend getaway to Dublin for my boyfriends 30th and it was amazing. Beautiful hotel very modern decor, we stayed in the junior suite well worth it the bed was perfect and we had the best nights sleep, very clean could not fault it, very helpful staff our flight was early in the morning and they let us leave our bags there until our room was ready so we visited The Guiness Factory (20 minute walk) and I had my first pint of Guiness in the gravity bar which had great views. The hotel was a 5-10 minute walk to temple bar and about 15 minute walk to Grafton street shopping. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011