“Great Take!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Merry Ploughboy Irish Music Pub

The Merry Ploughboy Irish Music Pub
Ranked #3 of 285 Nightlife in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Merry Ploughboy is the only pub in Ireland owned and managed by musicians, and it is the 'hands on' approach from the owners that makes a visit to the Merry Ploughboy the highlight of many people's trip to Ireland. The two hour Irish music & Irish dancing show (which takes place nightly at the pub) has been awarded "Best Dinner/Entertainment Event in Ireland" and the pub is the current "Music Pub of the Year" in Ireland. Owners and musicians, The Merry Ploughboys, have been performing together for 25 years making their show the longest running show in Ireland hosted continuously by the same performers. The pub is located about 20 minutes south of Dublin City centre with complimentary car parking. It is easily accessed by taxi or if you are staying in the city centre we recommend our shuttle transfer service (just 7.50 euro return fare). The transfer by luxury executive coach offers an elevated view of the scenic Southside of Dublin city. After the show, the coach will drop you back as close as practical to your accommodation. Reservations are essential, however online bookings for the dinner & show (and shuttle transfer if required) can be made in real-time on our own website. We operate a "ticketless" booking system. You will receive a unique booking reference number on your email receipt and our floor manager will have all your details when you arrive at the pub.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Massachusetts
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Take!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was definitely one of the highlights of our recent trip to Ireland. I had expected good Irish fun but what surprised me was the talent of each one of the group members - they had excellent voices and witty banter. The food was also quite good - this was a great take!

• Turkish first
Bideford, United Kingdom
“Highlight of a visit to the Emerald Isle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This lively evening brings together the joy and warmth of the Irish in music and dance, accompanied by food of the highest quality considering the numbers who are served with skill and courtesy. Singers put their heart into their welcome and emotion to match the stories in song, while Dancers transform a small stage into something out of "River Dance".
There is good live music wherever one goes in Ireland, but miss The Merry Ploughboys and you will not have experienced the best, and all under one hospitable roof. We left wishing the night would never end.

Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Real Deal...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having seen this place advertised on the inflight magazine on a recent trip home from Australia, I made a mental note to check it out and thankfully I was in the vicinity by chance when The Merry Ploughboy Pub cropped up like a shining beacon along the roadside.
Whilst it can be difficult not to feel like a tourist in your home town - I really appreciated being able to engage my travelling companion in an authentic experience beyond the pubs of Temple Bar, bus tour stops and the like. We were there on a Wednesday and couldn't believe how busy it was for mid-week. Had a couple of beers downstairs before the show upstairs where we were cordially & efficiently seated by a friendly member of staff. Entertainment & dinner were as excellent as I'd hoped. It's been a while since I had stew like that !
I would recommend you book, I was caught off guard thinking mid-week might be quiet, not sure what it would be like at w/ends.

Visited September 2013
Washington, Utah
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great entertainment and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Very good local performers. Warm, friendly show. Impressive dancers. The food was also excellent. Service was efficient and friendly and unobtrusive.

Galway
“Outstanding ...again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our little group had a terrific time of music song and food last night. My se conditions time. My colleague had in fact booked another venue but I'm thankful I spotted this and got him to switch cos these guys are simply the best at what they do. Everyone had a blast from the shuttle pick up to the last note played!