“Awesome in every way!”

The Merry Ploughboy Irish Music Pub
Ranked #2 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Merry Ploughboy is the only pub in Ireland owned and managed by musicians, and it is the 'hands on' approach from the owners that makes a visit to the Merry Ploughboy the highlight of many people's trip to Ireland. The two hour Irish music & Irish dancing show (which takes place nightly at the pub) has been awarded "Best Dinner/Entertainment Event in Ireland" and the pub is the current "Music Pub of the Year" in Ireland. Owners and musicians, The Merry Ploughboys, have been performing together for 25 years making their show the longest running show in Ireland hosted continuously by the same performers. The pub is located about 20 minutes south of Dublin City centre with complimentary car parking. It is easily accessed by taxi or if you are staying in the city centre we recommend our shuttle transfer service (just 7.50 euro return fare). The transfer by luxury executive coach offers an elevated view of the scenic Southside of Dublin city. After the show, the coach will drop you back as close as practical to your accommodation. Reservations are essential, however online bookings for the dinner & show (and shuttle transfer if required) can be made in real-time on our own website. We operate a "ticketless" booking system. You will receive a unique booking reference number on your email receipt and our floor manager will have all your details when you arrive at the pub.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
wildwood
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome in every way!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm not always a huge fan of traditional Irish music, but these guys were great! The music was fun and the band members really seemed to enjoy themselves. The dancers were very good as well. The food was excellent and the servers were very attentive. Well worth the visit!

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton Parish, Bermuda
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great night of food, music and dance!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was my third visit and I truly enjoyed it. The food was excellent. The music had me tapping my feet and singing along when I knew the song. And the dancing was fun. I loved when I audience got involved at the end!

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“demesne supplier night out”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

what a great venue and experience of a real traditional irish experience for ant visitor to ireland
we brought a large group of our foreign suppliers up there and they had a ball.
food was good service was excellent and the staff were so friendly.

Visited October 2011
Merseyside
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“An evening of good food and fun”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I chose the Irish Beef, plenty to eat and very tender. The show was very entertaining and included singing and irish dancing.

BONNYBRIDGE
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Great nights entertainment. Food great, music and dancing were first class. You will be singing and clapping and wanting to join in. I will be bringing my kids and husband next time we are in Dublin as this is suitable for all. I was on a girls weekend and we all thoroughly enjoyed the night.