“Nice room on outskirts of city centre”

Baggot Court Townhouse
Ranked #23 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had a nice, warm room with a clean en suite bathroom. Didn't try the breakfast as it wasn't included, instead I had my breakfasts in some of the nearby cafés. I didn't have much interaction with the staff, but they were friendly and helpful when I talked to them. You get your own key to the front door, so you can come and go as you like even at night.

I would have preferred a location a little closer to St Stephen's Green/Grafton Street, but the price was good value for the standard of the room. Not much noise from the street at all. The walls between the rooms are thin, though, and I could clearly hear the couple in the next room quarreling on one occasion. But it didn't disturb me much as it was quiet at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa H

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We initially booked one night in a double room in the hotel. It is well situated and easy to find from St. Stephens Green. The hotel seemed very quiet that night and we only meet one other couple at breakfast the following morning. We stayed in room number 5, which was on the first floor, the first night which was nice, considering the price, and had a kitchen as well as an en-suite bathroom. The kitchen would be very useful if you were staying in Dublin for a number of nights and you wished to save on money. There are a number of restaurants, fast food outlets and a Tesco located nearby. The tiles in the bathroom and kitchen were a bit dirty and the carpet in the bedroom was well worn. The shower was very nice and powerful. We had breakfast the following morning. I had a full Irish and my girlfriend had scrambled eggs. There was also a table with muesli's, juices and yoghurt which you could just take yourself. The breakfast was just about adequate. We wouldn't have rushed back for it.

Following a change in our plans after we checked out, we decided to check back in for another night. Unfortunately, we were given room no.8 which was directly above the room we had stayed in the previous night. It was exactly the same layout of a room as we had stayed in the previous night. However there was a terribly loud squeak from the floor in the room above ours and the people in the room above us seemed to pace for hours on end. We were woken numerous times throughout the night as there seemed to be constant movement in the room above us. Also the toilet from the room beside ours on the same floor was located beside our bed and there was a constant stream of coughing, puking and other bodily functions to be heard rather loudly in our room throughout the night and very early in the morning. The walls seem to be extremely thin between the rooms. This lead to a very poor nights sleep for us and ruined our experience. We didn't bother with breakfast the following morning and checked out early, as it was quieter out in the street.

Overall it we had two different experiences over the two nights. It was possibly busier on the second night of our stay due to rugby fans staying for the weekend for a game against Ireland, as the stadium is located relatively nearby to the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a lower room and a kitchen if you are staying more than one night and wish to save money.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Comfortable Bed and Breakfast with friendly staff and a good central location.

I stayed on two separate occasions and would stay again in the future. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was lovely. The location is very central to the south inner city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed for almost three weeks in December. The staff are lovely and very welcoming. The breakfast is delightful, and plenty of variety for a long stay.. Very reasonable price as well, considering all that you can walk to. I'd stay again definitely.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank FMM_54_75
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Good place, about 15mins walk into Grafton Rd, shopping area, a futher 10mins or so to Temple Bar area.
Room (we were ground floor, front, buy the front door), was large and comfortable. Toilet plumbng was really noisy when flushed, and my sister found some glass in the bathtub?

Some parking available (a very narrow drive opening onto a bigger area), and because we were off-season we were able to leave the car parked for the day.

Paid cash in the morning, however they did not have enough change.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in this bed and breakfast for one night and would highly recommend it. The rates are very fair, the place was very clean, comfortable and calm. It is within walking distance of St. Stephens Green.

Room Tip: I was in room no 4. There was some light traffic noise. I would imagine rooms at back of the house...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cailinruadh
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights last week. It was very cold in Dublin (even snowed) and the heat in the rooms here was quite good. The showers had plenty of hot water. Our room had a small kitchen so we heated up leftovers one afternoon for lunch. The breakfast every morning was more than adequate - eggs, yoghurt, fruit, toast, full Irish breakfast if you wanted. They had plenty of coffee.
There is no elevator as is true of most Georgian mansions. We stayed on the 2nd floor (3rd floor US) by our request so had not problems using the steps.
The only complaint I have is that the bed could probably use a replacement mattress. It was a bit lumpy. However, they had soft pillows for which I am always grateful!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a kitchen.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple