“Great for a picture!”
Review of The Galway Hooker

The Galway Hooker
Ranked #1,941 of 2,858 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed September 6, 2017

This is a fairly ok place for a quick drink if waiting for a train.Better than the average railway station bar. For some reason young lady travellers from the USA seem to like having their photo taken with the sign in the background! I have no idea why and would not dare to guess!!

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We had lunch here upon leaving with the train to Galway, seemed to be the only decent place around. Can't remember what I had, only that it was good together with the Guinness and that service was very friendly.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed at a hotel close to this restaurant. If you have never stayed in Dublin, I find breakfast the most outrageously priced meal of the day. We stumbled upon this spot after day 3 of our stay as it is located in Heuston Station and made it our regular breakfast location. My wife and I could eat for under €12.

1  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

We were staying locally so ideal for a quick breakfast, decent food. Nothing outstanding about staff but we weren't there that long. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there but if it's convenient then no issues.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

After a few days away, with our sons age 6 and 3 we went here for some lunch at the carvery. Looked ok. I asked for a childrens menu. there was none. But I was told we could get half portions. great, that'll do. "Can I get a half portion of chicken please"
"No, we can only do a half portion of beef or pork".
Most 3 year olds won't eat beef or pork.
I asked to speak to a manager. A big fat sullen guy came over...disinterested, didn't give a damn, just walked away when I asked why they were not family-friendly.
Fair enough. If you don't want to attract families then you won't mind my honest review.

3  Thank rockyroaddublin