What you save on the room rate, you might more than pay in taxis to get there and back to the airport.
Also negative 1. Arrived at 10pm....no food or bar available.
No nearby restaurants (take away next door), and the nearest (unpleasant) pub (across the busy main road) is like something out of the Wild West.
2. Breakfast. Wanted a latte coffee in the restaurant area, no latte available....'it will take about 5 minutes'. So tried the coffee machine at reception.....er, 'we don't habe any cups.
I had found an online deal at a hotel on the airport site (walkable from the terminal).
It was dearer, but in retrospect I should have taken it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Travelodge Dublin Airport Ballymun is ideally located 4 km from Dublin Airport and 5km from Dublin City and offers spacious modern rooms at budget prices. The hotel operates a shuttle bus service to/from the airport every 20 minutes for €3.00 Per passenger. The service runs from 05am-9am and 5pm -9pm. Stay in Dublin for less this year, for business, catching a flight from Dublin Airport or visiting Dublin City for shopping and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Dublin Airport Ballymun Hotel Dublin
- Dublin Travelodge
- Dublin Travel Lodge