Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
1,053 results
All reviewsdublin airporttravel lodgecity centresecure underground parkingbus stoproom was largestayed for one nightregenerationsupervalubuseschannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

On a recent trip to Dublin, I searched the reviews and booked a room for two at the Travelodge Dublin Airport Ballymun for $53.00 per night so decided to stay for the week. We had a great time from checking in, to check out. The staff was great and offered suggestions as too many places to see and eat at to get a better feel for the area. Our room was very nice, spacious and well decorated. We used the bus to get around instead of the taxi and saved a lot of money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tabitha M
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Tabitha M

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Both the team & I are truly delighted that you had an enjoyable week at the hotel.

At Travelodge Hotels throughout the country we invest valuable time in ensuring that all our personnel are fully trained in the 'knowledge of local amenities'. It is encouraging to see that we deliver, both in the 'Travelodge Brand Product' and friendly competent staff to match.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The accomomodation was of good quality and the staff on reception were generally helpful. However...the service we received in the restaurant on Sunday morning was abysmal - we waited more than 20 mins for our order to be taken, surrounded by dirty tables, and a futher 25 mins for it to arrive (beans on toast and a bagel with cream cheese!), and even then the order was incomplete. The staff did not appear to have any training in customer service and we had to ask several times for our drinks and for cutlery.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you have cause for complaint with the restraurant , and that it did not meet with your expectations on this occasion.

Your valuable comments will be used to support any improvements which may be required at this hotel.

In addition, we would like to fully investigate your concerns. To assist us with this, please can you visit our main Travelodge website and use the new ‘Contact Us’ form to securely provide us with your confirmation number and full details of your complaint.

We will then be able to fully investigate your concerns with the Hotel Management team, and provide a resolution.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

If heroin junkies in the park across the street and gangs of gypsies hanging out by the front door is your type of thing, by all means, stay here. If not, spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. This hotel is in one of the roughest parts of Dublin, I'm from NY and I was nervous just standing outside of this place. Seriously, I can't say enough bad things about here, and I haven't even gotten to my experience with the rejects behind the front desk. We had booked a room with 3 beds, (3 guys) when we got there they were out of 3 bed rooms, so they gave us 2 beds. We asked for a cot or rollaway and were told they didn't have any, nor did they have blankets to make a bed on the floor. (seriously, we were told they were out of blankets. No joke)
This place was horrible, but, if you have no cash, don't mind your personal safety, and want to be by the airport go for it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Bpflyerone
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Bpflyerone,

Thank you for your recent comments in relation to your recent stay at the Travelodge Dublin Airport South.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests, be it complimentary or critical as it serves as an effective tool in monitoring and improving the standards of service and customer care within the hotel.

Throughout Travelodge Ireland we strive to offer a consistent quality hotel product, offering good value for money to our patrons. It is apparent from your comments, that on this occasion the level of service that we provided fell short of our renowned high standards of quality and customer care.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel so that I may discuss your comments further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours truly,

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel is not in the best of areas, but if you simply want a bed for the night, near the airport, then it's great. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There's a restaurant serving good value food (sirloin steak, with the usual trimmings, for €12.75, for example). Underground gated parking, which is free. Not the sort of area you'd want to walk around in too much, but if you do then there are a few take-aways nearby. If you want to go into town then the bus stop for the city centre is just 50 metres away and the journey only 15 mins or so. My room was clean and spacious. Good WiFi (although chargeable, at €5 for 24 hrs). Will happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rodnight

Dear Rodnight,

Thank you for your recent comments in relation to your stay at the Travelodge Hotel Dublin Airport South.

I am pleased to read that your were overall satisfied with your stay at the hotel and enjoyed some of the amenities in the hotel. We pride ourselves in offering a quality product and value for money together with a helpful and friendly team of staff.

I am delighted that you found the bedroom clean and comfortable and availed of our excellent Wi-Fi service. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours truly,

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I wouldn't normally choose a hotel so far out of town (about 9km..a 1.5hr walk if you're inclined!) but wit the tall ships and a big match there were no alternatives, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable, staff helpful and experienced..one lady had a really friendly manner which is so welcoming. the parking is totally secure, and the price was excellent, so despite it being a higher risk area than other parts of town (I walked to the city in daytime, it was very pleasant..but would not do this at night!) ..it was a really pleasant suprise, and I will use this hotel again, especially for the airport. there is no bus transfer if you use the parking while flying out, so if you are only flying for a weekend, drive to one of the airport carparks like Quikpark..which cost around 6-7 euro per day..no pint paying twice! Overall very surprised by this clean, efficient and cheap hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brendan Q
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Brendan Q,

Thank you for your comments in relation to your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities here at the hotel. We constantly strive to offer a superior product with clean, spacious and comfortable guest bedrooms together with an attentive and customer focussed team.

I acknowledge your comments in respect of the bus transfer to and from the airport. We are currently in the process of implementing this service over the coming months and will announce this wonderful addition to our services on our website shortly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Travelodge Dublin Airport South in the near future.

Kind regards,